You can type here any text you want

Does this look like a good front end kit - Speedway Motors

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gninpa

Ordering some upper control arms from this company and came across this front end kit:

1978-88 A/G Body Tie Rod & Ball Joint Kit

Price looks outstanding for whats included, way cheaper than RockAuto even.

Says everything is Moog, has anyone else ordered from these guys and had a good experience?

Haven't ordered it yet, but I used to work at Speedway and package that stuff. Yeah, it's all Moog stuff, or at least was in 2005. Speedway actually has some decent deals for G-bodies if you know where to look because they're so popular as dirt track cars.

Which control arms did you get?

Haven't ordered it yet, but I used to work at Speedway and package that stuff. Yeah, it's all Moog stuff, or at least was in 2005. Speedway actually has some decent deals for G-bodies if you know where to look because they're so popular as dirt track cars.

Which control arms did you get?

Great, thanks for the reply. Im going with these control arms (pretty much the same as G body parts):

Chrome Moly Upper Control Arm

Getting two right side arms so its same as stock. Going to use the ball joints from the kit.

They realyl do have some good deals, I couldnt believe how reasonable that kit was, thats why i asked. Thanks again

K, that's the one I was looking at too. Just wanted to make sure you caught the different lenghts. ;)

It's all moog part numbers. Moog is good stuff. I have Gbodies upper/lower control arms that look very similiar to that. I'm very happy with them.

These can be used on a street driven G-Body without any concerns? What spindel(s) can be use?

I ordered the same thing from the Moog site to rebuild my front end, and I think it was about the same price.

It is good stuff. No complaints here.

Mine is street driven most of the time btw.

Getting two right side arms so its same as stock. Going to use the ball joints from the kit.

Two right side arms so they are the same length ??
Pardon my confusion, but then, won't the ball joint plate be welded to the top of the arm's tubes on one side, and the bottom on the other side ??

no the plate is welded in center of tube not on one side or other. I have them on my car and they fit good for my if you have a car that does wheelies not the arms for you no bump stops but for a street car they are nice and no more bushings to go bad.
Im using the Siphon front end kit from g-body you will spend more but its a nice kit and comes with the nicer tie rod sleeves. Thats not rust in picits red primer dust from painting firewall
IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

I have heard Moog makes 2 different kits/parts. The cheaper of the 2 do not last as long. Friends gnarled went 10000 if that and suspension shot already. Maybe call moog b4 ordering and see what they tell you

i think you guys are confused
you say getting two right side arms to be same as stock

and then follow up if you didnt youd be going in circles

the posts on the boards are getting more and more rediculous

those arms you linked to are neither right or left oriented . only after you install the ball joint does the arm have an orientation of right or left

..the links discription of RIGHT arm 8.0 and LEFT arm 8.5 is the measurement of the left and the right arms to center of ball joint to the mount point as pictured on that control ARM , so that you are aware of the location it puts the ball joint .
they dont have a right control arm or a left control arm so theres no reason to order two right arms , you just ordered two arms of the same part #

there are tubular control arms that have the mounting plate for the ball joint at an angle which would have definite right and left control arms, but the ones you've shown dont

i think you guys are confused
you say getting two right side arms to be same as stock

and then follow up if you didnt youd be going in circles

the posts on the boards are getting more and more rediculous

those arms you linked to are neither right or left oriented . only after you install the ball joint does the arm have an orientation of right or left

..the discription of RIGHT arm 8.0 and LEFT arm 8.5 is the measurement of the left and the right arms to center of ball joint to the mount point as pictured on that control ARM , so that you are aware of the location it puts the ball joint .
they dont have a right control arm or a left control arm so theres no way you ordered two right arms

there are tubular control arms that have the mounting plate for the ball joint at an angle which would mena that there are definite rights and left control arms

I was kidding about the circle thing, they're mainly used on dirt track circle cars. It was a joke.

And yes, you order two right side arms to keep the ball joints in the stock location. I found the info in a post on some other G body board (Monte board maybe).

681tonburb has two right side arms on his car and G Body sells two right side arms from the same company in their kits. They might not have left & right orientation literally, but when ordering from their site, you order two right side arms and it works. I think there's even a comment in their reviews about them.

Back