You can type here any text you want

Doesn't go over 100mph

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chevellejoe

Tonight i decided to do some testing and tuning. I made one pass and the car didn't feel right on top end. Also when I hit 100 it felt like i hit the rev limiter, it wouldent go any higher. I made the pass in drive and my RPM never when over 5000. Looking over the Powerlogger data, i noticed my wastegate percentage dropped and so did my TPS. Tomorrow i am going the check the gap of my plugs because i found cylinder 1 at about .044, also i need to properly time my cam sensor. ( i took it out when i replaced oil pump and i set it by the marks i made prior to removal and by ear).

36882_553405928497_57601546_32168034_2428773_n.jpg

36882_553405933487_57601546_32168035_3807580_n.jpg

36882_553405938477_57601546_32168036_3066573_n.jpg

I would say tired valve springs are limiting rpm.

Over all the tune looks rich. What is your fuel pressure?

Don't touch the cam sensor. It does not do what you think it does. It is for injector timing (which is controlled by the computer). If it is off the car wont start.

You might have a child proof setting on the chip.

TPS voltage is low T 4900 RPM if that is supposed to be a WOT blast.

You look to have plenty of injector, and 02 looks good if you aren't on the booze. It may be short shifting, but these thing roll at a max of about 5200 rpm with untouched motor. Check the coil resistance between towers.

Fuel pressure is 46 with line off. The valve spring were replaced when the motor was rebuilt 10k ago. The TPS is at 4.5 at WOT, i thought between 4.2 and 4.8 was good. Also if you notice the dip the TPS dropped to 3.5, that was were the car stopped pulling.

I just picked that car up about a month ago and are going through it. So all the work was done by the previous owner which had Stage 1 Automotive do the motor and rear.

Attach a log here so we can look at other stuff. You'll need to zip the file as it looks like a big file.

Ok you will have to walk me through it, when i try to add an attachment is says the doc. is invalid.

Did you zip the file?

Right click on the file and select "send to" then "Compressed (zip) folder"

See if that will attach.

Does look like your TPS dropped out a little,hard to tell what that was about.You may have lifted a little and known it. I think you're on the edge of injector size it was at 90% and over a few times and in the upper 80's most of the upper RPM's.That just doesn't seem like enough head room, and when that thing spins up to 5400 it may become a problem.

You need to get that MAP wire hooked up to the Power logger's I/O board so you can see manifold pressure and boost

Pull the up pipe and make sure your TB is flat at WOT and also figure out why your IAC reading is way low.

If that's not it, try to borrow a chip that works with your combo and see if the problem goes away or not.

Phil Engle

Thanks for all the input. I gaped the plugs to 32 and all is well. I love an easy fix.

Yeah i notice my injector size is probably too small for my combo. As for now I'm going to work on the rich condition, and look into larger injectors. If my math is right 65lb injectors should be right. (B.S.F.C times Horse power) divided by ( number of injectors times DC) = (550hp X .6)/ (6 x .85DC)= 65lb/hr

I will also install alcohol injection soon.

Glad it was that easy for you.

You still have a few things to check such as your inlet air temp and the IAC reading. I'd wait on injectors and get the alky system along with a programmable chip so you can utilize the PL for more than a recording device.

Good combo.

Phil Engle

Thanks for all the input. I gaped the plugs to 32 and all is well. I love an easy fix.

Yeah i notice my injector size is probably too small for my combo. As for now I'm going to work on the rich condition, and look into larger injectors. If my math is right 65lb injectors should be right. (B.S.F.C times Horse power) divided by ( number of injectors times DC) = (550hp X .6)/ (6 x .85DC)= 65lb/hr

I will also install alcohol injection soon.

Chances are your coil(s) are weak. A .044 gap shouldnt matter at your power level. Ohming only tells you if you have a big problme with the coil. Id remove the wires one at a time and look for a nice blue spark. If you dont have a a nice 1" blue spark id replace the coil.

If you have to have PowerLogger software, move the file to the PL file folder and then open it.

If you have to have PowerLogger software, move the file to the PL file folder and then open it.

Yeah I did that. Now I can't find the file. I should be able to load it like one of my saved runs right? O.k. I got it. I had to save it, then drag it to my desktop... Thanks.

Back