Doing a LSx turbo swap

progress pics!
and video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXEKn3XGKys
the headers are leaking as i dont have them bolted on much, and no gaskets. otherwise this is about how its gonna be.
hooked up an oil press guage last night, 50psi cold idle and it goes to 70 when revved. should be a bit lower once the turbo is hooked up. AND, yes i dumped oil in the turbo before i started it. BTW, go ahead and make fun of the welds, i cleaned em up today and it looks much better. And that wastegate is freakin huge, its a ebay one, and i tore it down, quality is superb. and i would put the quality of this up against any tial gate that ive ever seen. and more comments! i would like some more input on this thing.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_0667.JPG
    IMG_0667.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 785
  • IMG_0668.JPG
    IMG_0668.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_0670.JPG
    IMG_0670.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 781
  • IMG_0672.JPG
    IMG_0672.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 783
  • IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0673.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 782
Man, I had a 224/228 in my C5 with full exhaust, and it didnt sound close to what you have, I cant remember my LSA however. Anyways, looks great, makes me want to get started on mine asap!! :D How did the wiring come together, did you wire it up to use the factory gauges with the LSx computer? Looks good and good luck!

Comments

Dont sweat the welds. Clean up and ceramic coating will hide alot of it. I love the way you routed the pipes down low and across front. Are you gonna run AC? The idler pulley on the front pass side might be too close to the heat though. Would suck to loose a belt at 75+ or maybe even on a 120+ mph pass. Maybe just the pic, but arent the idler pulleys at type of plastic. You have probably already noticed that and addressed it. Just my 2 cents. Awesome car Ill shoot you over the address so you can ship it to me! Ha. Post more pics please as you progress. ..........Its giving me ideas!!!

Oh yeah.. Did you have to modify the tunnel for the ls1 specific trans???

It looks like it is coming along awesome, the welds might not look perfect but you did everything yourself so its alot to be proud of. It's not how it looks, its how it runs.

,Dan

Why does the turbo have to be mounted at that angle? will it not fit any other way?? awsome job fabbing this up ..

i am going to move it to a straight position, i was going to try and do something different with it, and this is what i ended up with for now. yeah it looks stupid but whatever, making new crossover and downpipe this winter. also adding the intercooler, then i should be WELL into the 10's and at the limit of the stock components.
Gary

gate

And that wastegate is freakin huge, its a ebay one, and i tore it down, quality is superb. and i would put the quality of this up against any tial gate that ive ever seen.
Gary

What size is it and do you have a link?

The wastegate is a XO2 Racing product, its 60mm. search ebay its easy to find/
BTW, you are gonna be floored with the new updates coming soon