Don't race this Honda ......................... Video

He's here in Houston.

Here is another run...

www.vobra.org/vids/ajvscary.wmv

Friendly run with a friend from a local msg board. He's pretty bleepin quick. We did a little 50mph-140mph run last night. Started at a bad point in 3rd gear for me, so it took like 3 months for my turbo to spool up. Here's the video. Video was taken from the LS1's passenger. We shut down right after I shifted into 5th, which is 140+. Incidentally there was a BPU+ twin turbo Supra, a Z28, and a Corvette running with us. They all ended up way behind us ;

And alot of you guys give Honda NO respect:confused:
That car is bad ass,no ricey crap.Just a clean, FAST, Honda:D

A nice honda is the exception rather than the rule. This one -is- nice, so I have to give it credit where credit is due. I think we're spoiled by TR's... the average TR is kept up pretty well ;)

Originally posted by sloride
And alot of you guys give Honda NO respect:confused:
That car is bad ass,no ricey crap.Just a clean, FAST, Honda:D

Like I always said, you can make ANY car fast...........How much money ya got???:confused: I once saw a stripped out YUGO at englishtown running low 13's!! You read that right. A friggin Yugo. The reason most people don't give Honda's respect is because there are too many fart pipe, clapped out, sticker plastered **** boxes out there that give the fast ones bad names. Let's face it. Honda's are ECONOMY cars, NOT race cars. You CAN make a race car out of one, BUT bring a bucket load of cash, cause your gonna need it!!

Originally posted by sloride
Alot of what you said applys to Regals also.:(

UHHHMMM No it doesnt !

Can a Honda go 12s with 500 bux worth of bolt ons....No!:)

There are very few on this forum who will give that car credit, so no point in expecting it.

Can a Honda go 12s with 500 bux worth of bolt ons....No!
That is not a fair comparison, Louie. What would be more comparable is how much would it cost to make a N/A Regal run low-10s or a TR using a StageII to go high-8s. You cannot compare what it takes to make stock low-14s turbo go 12s to what it would take to make a hi-16s NA anything do the same.

For those of you who frequent OSW, what your butts. There are a couple of ALL-MOTOR Hondas running mid-11s. I hate Ricers and the ricer mentality but I can also appreciate a car that hauls ass, regardless of what it is. TRs expect their cars to be given credit and respect, so why not reciprocate where appropriate?

i give the car respect. i know a local kid with a civic that would hand me my a$$ any given day. if im not mistaken, he runs low 10's on bottle, and high 12s to low 13s without. but
The reason most people don't give Honda's respect is because there are too many fart pipe, clapped out, sticker plastered **** boxes out there that give the fast ones bad names.
this is true. little punk ricers cruise around with their ground skirts and wings and fart pipes and think they're bad, and they're really just fools cause most of them can't afford to get one to run good times. its all good.

Diffeance between a ricer and someone that likes fast import cars. This is a really nice civic that is faster and dare I say even nicer then many of the Turbo Buicks on this board (mine included)

I give the kid in the Honda a lot of respect. He takes his car serious.It takes a lot of WORK and money to make one run like that!My son has a 600 w.h.p. Talon,he has 10K in the motor but thats what he wants. And when you race somebody the "shock and awe" is priceless.