Door Hinges....

87gninpa

What cars have the same door hinges as the 87 regals? i saw a bunch of cutlasses at the yard that had great hinges with no say whatsoever. Just wondering if i could pul the hinges from one of these and bolt them onto my gn. has anyone ever done this? any info wold be apreciated

Any 1978 to 1988 GM mid size(G-body) coupe(2-door). Monte Carlo,Cutlass,Grand Prix, Regal,El Camino. Just make sure it is from a 2-door.

Eric Fisher

BETTER TO GET FOUR DOOR HINGES. IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO FIND 2 DOOR HINGES THAT ARE NOT SHOT. OBVIOUSLY, 4 DOOR CARS HAVE SMALLER, LIGHTER DOORS AND THEREFORE, THE HINGES ARE USUALLY IN GREAT SHAPE. FOUR DOOR HINGES ARE THE SAME AS TWO DOOR HINGES. ;)

You can also buy the HELP! hinge pin replacements for $4.99 ea.. I've done 3-4 cars.. Not as easy as new hinges, but they work good.

Originally posted by Red Regal T
FOUR DOOR HINGES ARE THE SAME AS TWO DOOR HINGES. ;)

How about the back doors or the passenger side doors? Will they interchange with the driver's side two door. The other doors are used much less often.

Ic kecked when i was there, and i think for some reason the bakcs were different from the fronts. I may be wrong. all you have to do is make sure the bolt holes are int he right place and that the roller is on the bottom of the hinge with the spring.
HTH

Originally posted by Red Regal T
BETTER TO GET FOUR DOOR HINGES. IT MAY BE DIFFICULT TO FIND 2 DOOR HINGES THAT ARE NOT SHOT. OBVIOUSLY, 4 DOOR CARS HAVE SMALLER, LIGHTER DOORS AND THEREFORE, THE HINGES ARE USUALLY IN GREAT SHAPE. FOUR DOOR HINGES ARE THE SAME AS TWO DOOR HINGES. ;)

just the FRONT DOOR HINGES!

Good advise, I tip my greasy hat to a true JYD...

It ain't too hot for you out there is it John?

:cool:

That's the best time to go, less traffic in the yards.

And you know "when it's getting too hot for everybody else, it's getting just right for me"....:D

Good Hunting, and if you find any silver coins, they belong to me..

:cool: