door pulls

phagen28

I wonder if anyone has a fix for a driver side door pull that the screw has pulled out of the door. I have taken the door apart to find that the hole is kind of blind. it has the hole in only the first layer of metal with no way to get a nut on the back of it, if you were to try to use a bolt and nut
thanks for any help
Paul

I wonder if anyone has a fix for a driver side door pull that the screw has pulled out of the door. I have taken the door apart to find that the hole is kind of blind. it has the hole in only the first layer of metal with no way to get a nut on the back of it, if you were to try to use a bolt and nut
thanks for any help
Paul

Get you some 1/4" x 20 flange nuts. Drill the hole large enough for the nut to go through but not the flange. You can either tack weld it or epoxy it in place. Use a 1/4 - 20 screw to go back in it and never worry about it again. I've done this on several cars.

I used rivet nuts to do the strap pulls on both of my doors. Enlarge the holes in the sheet metal, stick the rivet nuts in the holes and compress them. The back side draws up like a pop rivet to lock them in place. When I did them, I made a compressing tool with a bolt, nut and washer. I also used 1/4 -20. I used torx button head screws. for the straps. They haven't loosened in years. Later, I bought a kit with a rivet nut tool and a bunch of nuts at Harbor Freight for about ten bucks. It has been handy.

Dave