You can type here any text you want

double gas tank setup

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xpatate

Hi, I'm building my GN87 and I want it streetable AND good for the track.

I have an ACCEL engine management system so I can easily switch the mapping. I'm planning to install an electric exhaust cutout system to bypass the muffler, this is not a problem.

My problem is with the gas tank, is there a setup that I can install with a small tank inside the trunk filled with race fuel and change the input of the fuel tank with the press of a button ?

That would be perfect if I can have 3 switches to go from a street to a race car !!!

BTW, I don't know if it's relevant but I run an Aeromotive A1000 right now

thanks !

Search under dual fuel system. Its a couple threads on it. It can get pricey depending how lazy you want to be. I know Spot My 6 did a write up on one years ago.

there is a thread on a fuel tank....

that mounts in spare tire well, one of the guys had pics etc,

Gas Tanks

Are People still using over priced race gas? After seeing how fast members at Reynolds were running some 140mph + on pump and Alky/Meth just seems pointless to run Race gas. Methonal and E 85 is the new trend and less costly.

Remember back in the day of defueling the car to run C-16 all the time wasted. lol

Some guys have pretty impressive setup here, wow !!

I think I'll wait, to much trouble for small results, I already run Alky, the gain will not be that much...

Thanks to all for the good info !

Back