You can type here any text you want

DR questions on GTA wheels

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

t-typex1

Darkside Member
I got some GTA wheels 16", want to put MT DR's on them but I want a 28" tall tire.Will the P295/50R16 DR's go on without clearance/rubbing issues. They are the 27.7" tall tires. Thanks

I doubt 295's would work on GTA wheels without using spacers.I have 255-50-16 MT drag radials on front GTA wheels and they slightly rub the rear frame.

Thats what I was worried about. I want to use the GTA's cause their lighter. I have the 275/50/15's on stock GN wheels with slight rubbing. I ran at the track and was at the top of rpms in 3rd for a stock motor so I want 28" tall tires this time. Doesnt look like any luck for 28" tall MT's in 16":(

Actually I think my rear end is slightly off center.I get a slight occasional rub on the driver side and no rub on the passenger side. :(

The tires you want are M&H 275/55-16 they are almost identical to MT and hook very well... I was leaving at 10lbs on the street with my setup... honestly a 28 was too tall for me and it was costing me 60ft... I was only doing 1.85s but that was at 10lbs ft. brake launch and not slipping at all... I have since tuned the car much better but lost one of these tires to a nail :mad: only 700 miles on them when it happened... they are great tires though! This was also with NO burn out... I never heated them up once because they just didn't need it... I would just roll through the box and spin the water off them, but thats all they needed.

I came to that conclusion too. Im trying to find a good price on some as we speak. Im still trying to see if adapter plates will work, or if I need spacers and longer studs. I believe the spacers will work, but at the same time, I'm tired of learning the hard way too

Mickeys,

I talked to a tire guy here and he said those 295s wont be available til the end of April. The 255s are available now though. If U want to run that tall tire, the M and Hs are the only tire that is known to fit.

The 295 MT's are too wide and will rub. The 255's are only 26" tall. I want to get the 28" tall, so Im looking at the M&H's

Back