drag gone wrong ??

ITzABUICK

i have one quick ?

i was told by the previous owner that my gn will do mid 11s at 25lbs of boost but i keep hearing ill blow the motor iv emailed eric he made the chip and he said it was made for 11s but the car has methonal alky shift kit cam turbo tweak garret 3225 turbo stock intercooler93 injecters and micky thompson drag radials so will it blow the motor ?? if i ran it on 1/4th mile

i have one quick ?

i was told by the previous owner that my gn will do mid 11s at 25lbs of boost but i keep hearing ill blow the motor iv emailed eric he made the chip and he said it was made for 11s but the car has methonal alky shift kit cam turbo tweak garret 3225 turbo stock intercooler93 injecters and micky thompson drag radials so will it blow the motor ?? if i ran it on 1/4th mile

At that psi you could blow it,if you get alot of knock. What do you have for watching knock? Knock gauge,scanmaster? I would back up the boost to around 20# and make a run ,1/4 mile, and see what you got for o2s.I will tell you that it takes some getting used to at the track with launching these cars.You will prolly run 12s till you get use to everything.But turn down boost till you know everything is working good,and keep an eye on that alky light(make sure its working) and watch for knock and that motor will live for a very long time. HTHs

Those o2 readings are in 3rd gear wot right? Looks good,I would still back up a few pounds of boost and let it fly.BUT, watch for knock in 3rd gear.

it has a normal light knock but its straight methonal

I dont know how much you have read on this board yet, but you want ZERO knock. Knock is what will cause you to damage the engine. Take your time and work your way up to your desired results. As others have stated turn the boost down, make sure you have no knock. If the car starts to run lean add fuel through the chip, if you start to get knock increase your alcohol injection.

Dont try to make a hail mary pass the first run of the day. Start out at 20# boost. Do you have a way to datalog, so you can review what the car is doing after each pass? A Wide Band Oxygen sensor is a much more accurate reading than the narrow band as far as your Air/Fuel ratio goes. Typically .776 is good as far as determining rich vs lean condition, assuming it is in third gear at WOT, but every car is different. Add 1 psi of boost after each pass if everything is OK.

Take your time, getting there is half the fun.