You can type here any text you want

Drag Radial Size Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rssooner

I know this has been beat to death but I am really torn on what size.

I want M/T drag radials and I want to keep the stock rims on my 87 GN. I am looking at the safe bet 255 60 15 but I would really like to fit the 275 50 15. Most tire places state that once they mount the tire to the rim, it's mine so I don't want to risk it not fitting. With that being said, is there a way to measure around my car to see if the 275 50 15 would fit? Does anyone have any pictures of the 255 60 15 on their stock rims?

Also, the only modifications I have done to the rear suspension are HR Parts/Stuff upper and lower control arms plus their sway bar.

Thanks very much for the advise.

Rob

the 255 are perfect on the stock rim,doesn't rub the frame and is a great tire for the street,plus it has more sidewall rollout then the 275.i think the stance is perfect and the tire grabs good on a lightly modded gn.

You will need a spacer with a 275 on a stock rim. Mine still even rub a little with the pacer.

I ran the MT 275/50/15 DR mounted on the stock GN rim on my car. No rubbing...as long as your rear axle is centered. I also run the MT 28x9 slick and MT 275/60/15 DR on the stock GN rim...with no rubbing.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I was able to get under the car today and measured my current 265 50 15 (BF Goodrich's that are over 10 years old o_O) and on the driver's side i have about 1 1/2 inch space from tire to frame. On the passenger side i have only about 3/4" of room. I have plenty of room on the opposite side on both sides. Do you think 275 50 15 could fit?

the 275 really needs an 8 inch rim.i ran them years ago with spacers not that its a big deal its just that the wider tire worked better with the wider rim.

Back