You can type here any text you want

DRAG TAG, how freaking cool is this!! wow

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
seriously it is pretty sick!

I could easly see a business or companying sponsering this kind of event. Imagin MORE seating and Bigger screens!! That would be cool, were i live EL TORO MARINE base would be freaking PERFECT for this kind of event!

darkside

now that is cool. i have seen it for motorcycles but did not know that it was around for cars. dave

Street racing without the street!

yea watched this video again

I will rub my crystal balls, and predict the future :) ....many more of these will pop up,
and it will actually have a decent following. Possibly leading to a points series or tourny of somekind.

darkside

That freaking rocks!!! I'd definately do that with my T. Just think, no chance of hitting the wall:eek: :D

I would also do this in a heart beat! In fact, if they had enough of these around im sure street racing would be cut down. And with the indoor capability, the complants of race tracks wouldn't be following. What a kick ass idea, I still enjoy watching it.

Imagin when the video and computer systems get more developed, soon it could be real "Virtual" streets, and maybe the racer could choose different streets.:D

Sorry to be the party pooper here but....

I like it too, but I foresee one major problem.
No insurance company in the US would give a policy for this company due to the safety factors involved. All it would take would be a Pro 5.0 style 2500+ hp race car getting in there and having a blower or turbo explode and it would be all over. Can you say in coming??? Not too mention a N2O explosion. Don't know about you guys, but I for one have seen my share of parts that go boom on super fast cars. Maybe if they put a limitation on HP, or made the stipulation that only street driven, licensed and insured vehicles could play, it might be a little better, but you'd still get those crazy people driving around their Mustangs and Camaros with Super Street Outlaw and 10.5 Outlaw power under the hood.

I really do like the idea and wish we did have something like this, but I see insurance companies and the EPA putting the kabosh on it.

Patrick

I like it too, but I foresee one major problem.
No insurance company in the US would give a policy for this company due to the safety factors involved. All it would take would be a Pro 5.0 style 2500+ hp race car getting in there and having a blower or turbo explode and it would be all over. Can you say in coming??? Not too mention a N2O explosion. Don't know about you guys, but I for one have seen my share of parts that go boom on super fast cars. Maybe if they put a limitation on HP, or made the stipulation that only street driven, licensed and insured vehicles could play, it might be a little better, but you'd still get those crazy people driving around their Mustangs and Camaros with Super Street Outlaw and 10.5 Outlaw power under the hood.

I really do like the idea and wish we did have something like this, but I see insurance companies and the EPA putting the kabosh on it.

Patrick

I don't know, I think if you did it right it could be safer than at the track. Just think, you wouldn't have to worry about the car flipping over the guard rail. You could have an in house sprinkler system in case of fire. You could have cement barriers and thick glass for spectators. With a little care this could be the new definition of "racing safetly".

How would it be any different for liability than an in house dyno?

I can just see in the middle of a snow storm in January pulling up with the enclosed trailer and driving the car right into the building for a little off-season racing. Don't tell me it wouldn't give everyone of you the itch to keep tinkering with the cars during the winter months.:)

Back