dragunov

Spoolin Hooligan

Off the wagon Boost Addict
Anyone know where I can get a real one. Not Chinese made crap. A real Russian dragunov. I just love the look of them. And when I find one how do I tell if its real deal.

Good luck but you might think about getting one of the eastern european ones. If I remember right the romainian ones were considered more accurate. Check shotgun news and there's at least 1 board that deals specifically (sp) with military weapons. They've got guys that do trades quite often and the dealers will come on and offer specials to members as well.:)

charlief1 said:
Good luck but you might think about getting one of the eastern european ones. If I remember right the romainian ones were considered more accurate. Check shotgun news and there's at least 1 board that deals specifically (sp) with military weapons. They've got guys that do trades quite often and the dealers will come on and offer specials to members as well.:)

I just want the durability of the Russian ones. Maybe the Romanian ones are just as good. I will do some reading to find out more about them. What should I expect to pay for one.

Last 1 I priced was close to $1K but you might be able to find one for less if you look really hard.

Real Dragunovs are in the 3-4k range, and the easiest way to tell them apart from their Romanian counter parts is that they have a milled receiver as opposed to the Romanian sheet metal.

No offense intended on the Romanian rifles, as they can be great items, the Dragunovs are more expensive mostly because of their rarity.

There are several different names for them. SVD, Tigr, PSL, NDM, as well as a few others. Most of them hold to around 1.5 MOA but it has to do with the ammo as well as the rifle in question. In 99% of the cases the milled recievers and the stamped ones do about the same.