Drivers ED. Car

gmpower6

Driving home one day and i see a drivers ed. car and wanted to know what kind of turds you guy's drove.

Mine was a 1979-1980 Ford granada. Lighting Quick LOL

My car was a Buick Century. The desirable slant back model ;) .
Held up to that fish truck pretty well when I got rear ended. :D

Granada too. Turd brown. There was one instructor that had a red firebird. I thought those kids were so lucky to drive such a cool car. That instructor was a prick so I was glad I didn't have him, but the car would have made it almost worth it.

2001 Pontiac GTP for the range we had at the school. Then we had the crappy 4 door cavaliers for the road.

I was working on a tree nursery so I was applying for my "farm use" license.

In NJ you could drive at 16 years old but only during daylight hours and with a farm vehicle (pickup truck, tractor, etc.)

The only available vehicle the farm owner could let me use for the day of the test was a 1963 Ford Econoline panel van....the one where you practically sit over the front tire. It had a 3-on-the-tree with a "doghouse" between the front seats. Outward visibility left alot to be desired combined with two 3" round rearview mirrors.

When I was instructed to do the k-turn, I almost did a u-ey because of the short wheelbase and the excellent turning radius. :eek:

My first driver.........a 1977 Buick Regal in mint green w/green Landau top.

Pontiac Sunbird on the road. I think we had Buick Century's for the range. I don't remember the car, just abusing it and getting yelled at quite a bit for it.

during driver's ed we had a white chevy corsica 4dr with a 6 banger. while i had my learner's permit my mom drove a 1978 ford LTD II with a 351 2V lol that thing was a gas hog and a tank with rubber wheels :eek:

the day i got my license my bossman's son let me drive his 88/89 nissan truck with a 6 banger. when doing the 3 point turn i done a burn out by accident that little truck had some pep and with no weight in the back it would burn dwn that left rear tire. the lady cop who rode with me laughed about it i was nervous as hell thinking i just messed up bad! that has been 12 yrs ago
man does time fly

The color of the granada was baby blue. I took my test in a chevette and my high school car was a 81 monte carlo brown and it had a v-8. Still remember all the 305 power it had hahahaha.

Sean

We had 2 cars. My high school didnt offer drivers ed, so I had to drive about 30 miles away to get my night license.
What was really cool, was my private drum teacher was also one of the drivers ed teachers, who I usually rode with. We had a 94 Lumina, and we would take it out for ice cream, drive to the mall, go out for dinner at mcdonalds....we had a blast. The 2 girls with us couldnt drive worth a crap, but the other guy knew sorta how to drive already. I was just there for my night license privledge, so I usually just sat back and let everyone else drive.
On the rare occasion we were with the other instructor, he had 5 people in a cramped geo. and the instructor himself was the local football coach..he practically took up the 2 front seats by himself...lol.

Mid 80's chevy lumina or whatever it was before it was called a lumina. We also had corsica's and cavaliers.

Back in the late 70's my parents bought an ex drivers ed car. It was a 1977 chevy wagon with a 350. The thing was a land yacht. I would have hated to learn to drive in something like that. It was a light yellow top and bottom with a woodgrain center down both sides. It was a real looker!! :D

We had the pimpalicious caprice wagons. And why not? When teaching kids to drive why not put them in the largest, heaviest vehicle made? Why maim people in an accident when you can just smash clean through them? And parallel parking? No sweat with those land yachts. "Did we just hit something?" "I dunno." "Time to get gas again."....

But I took my test in my Dads limited edition Mercedes, complete with carbon fiber dash, every power option made, lowered, and with the larger engine from the largest model made at the time. I think my test instructor was so infatuated with the car I could have driven into a lake and still passed. He played with the gizmos the whole time I drove. I don't recall him even looking at the road once, until he looked at his watch and said "Uh, better turn around and go that way.". Going the speed limit in that car was nearly impossible, it felt like we were barely moving. Damn I miss that car. It was fun to show up to the street races with it. ;)

You're lucky you even got to drive an actual car Sean, isn't the primary mode of transportation in Ridge Farm the Horse and Buggy? ;)

My High School had Ford Tempos, must have been a California thing as I noticed above another Californian had Tempo student driver car.
Funny now, my Girlfriends kid brother and sisters go to the same school and the class isn't available. They have also damn near made it illegal for them to drive until they turn 18. They have to pay extra, take classes from a licensed private instructor and even then if they get their license, they can't be out past sunset (I believe , I may be wrong but it is early) unless they have someone over 25 with them. I don't think DUI offenders have it as rough as minors until their 3rd offense!
I don't think I would have made it today as one of these kids!