driver's side 83 t-type header... where to find?

nothingman

i've been searching the internet for months and cannot find anywhere to purchase just the driver's side header... i'm tight on funds so buying the set is out of the question, i may have to just weld up the holes if it's possible unless anyone knows of an affordable place to purchase one?

thanks all

Hope it helps, but it's 83 to 85 headers. All of the HA tubular hears are pretty much the same, but the up pipe is different for the 84-85 cars.;)

i'm pretty sure they are tubular steel headers, they are not regular exhaust manifolds... but not sure how to tell if they are cast, did they make cast iron headers?

thanks charlie! yeah been running the searches for 83-85 pass side... it looks like i'll just have to weld them, which should be fun :)

there is the crack and i welded her up with a mig welder the only one i had laying around but it did the job...

thing is there were no gaskets on it when i took it off, is that how it came from the factory??? thinking someone had this header off before... is the gasket from a regular parts store going to be ok or do headers require a special gaskets?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=125197&cc=1020722

Attachments

• 1012141553.jpg
    1012141553.jpg
    773.3 KB · Views: 126
I would just weld that header instead of buying a new one. The headers cracking is a common problem, so its no big issue. As for a gasket, an auto-parts store gasket would do fine. The headers do require gaskets, so do buy and install gaskets. I have used Felpro header gaskets and they work for me.

Same here, I've had an 83 and an 85 with no gaskets.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

thanks for the link, guess i have tubular headers :) oh so no leaks at all without the gaskets? will do guys, thanks again!

i've been searching the internet for months and cannot find anywhere to purchase just the driver's side header... i'm tight on funds so buying the set is out of the question, i may have to just weld up the holes if it's possible unless anyone knows of an affordable place to purchase one?

thanks all
I may have one. It would be used but if you send me a pic of it I have a bunch of misc 83-85 exhaust as I am going to post here shortly. Contact me if you are interested. Got a lot of it I just found in the container yesterday.
You all know me