drivers side header leaks....

mitchell.cox1

The "Z"
I have had engine idle trouble since I bought the car. So I trouble shot the system and came to the drivers side header....looks like its been reworked and rewelded several times. So I pulled it to get a better look and found a 1/2 in crack on it...so I decided to spray pb blaster in the header and fill it with liquid and all the welds started to seep the crap out....so I got a new system from 2kracing.com that I am considering on buying cause they seem good and they are cheap. Could that be the reason my engine is running rough? Is 2kracing a good place to get a quality header? I am not going to race the thing so I think they would hold up. Well I would appreciate some advice...thanks

I have had engine idle trouble since I bought the car. So I trouble shot the system and came to the drivers side header....looks like its been reworked and rewelded several times. So I pulled it to get a better look and found a 1/2 in crack on it...so I decided to spray pb blaster in the header and fill it with liquid and all the welds started to seep the crap out....so I got a new system from 2kracing.com that I am considering on buying cause they seem good and they are cheap. Could that be the reason my engine is running rough? Is 2kracing a good place to get a quality header? I am not going to race the thing so I think they would hold up. Well I would appreciate some advice...thanks

Leaking headers would definitely cause your O2 readings and subsequent Air/Fuel adjustments to be off. Not sure how badly it would affect idle.