You can type here any text you want

dumb newb ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
heck i would hate to do it to a grand national but a ls swap is starting to look good

An LS swap won't be any cheaper since you've got to buy more parts and change a lot of things throughout the car. Not to mention you'll loose value.;)

Rebuild the bottom end, even if you need a crank and some other stuff (pistons, maybe even rods etc.) shouldn't cost you more than a couple grand. put two billet mains in the middle, make sure you plastigage everything. strap a ta49 or equivalent in the modern world to it, get all necessary tuning accessories (wideband, Powerlogger, ALL gauges, scanmaster, etc) make sure your fuel system is up to spec, transmission as well, and it will be a pretty reliable mid 11 second street car. Go faster than that, throw a couple more grand at it. these cars nearly bone stock with some race gas/or alky will go 12s. Dont get scared by the car, just admit that it IS the one with the pants in the relationship now and PLAY nice, itll be OK. :)

A girdle is just one more piece of a puzzle that isn't needed on a low 11- high 10 car.

Just my opinion, and that of my builder.

just my opinion but there's nothing tackier than a turbo buick without a turbo buick :(. Make a retro rod out of anything else. Keep the turbo buicks alive.

A girdle is just one more piece of a puzzle that isn't needed on a low 11- high 10 car.

Just my opinion, and that of my builder.

Yes, and no. If you plan on running any faster it's worth the extra work, and it's cheap insurance in the long run. You don't need both though.;)

alot of this depends on the OP level of skills.

if he feels confident enough to rebuild a buick properly it wont cost tooooo much since the labor is generally a big part of the equasion.

but if feels that the time spent to mic the bearings, double check pushrods, clean up oil galleys, Earls front cover mods etc etc then it will quickly rise in price having to depend on others to do the work.

farmed out = expensive.
self done work = not too expensive.

You need to do a lot of homework if your going to run 10's never owning an LC2. Read the thread about Dan's build up posted on page 1, he has forgotten more about the LC2 than most will ever learn. If you do not take your time and research just a fair warning, she will go:
kaboom.jpg

Back