Duramax diesel

SilverTType

has anyone done anything with a duramax diesel?i have a 2001 chevrolet duramax 2500hd,i reprogramed it with a hypertech reprogramer and put on a dynomax exhaust and it hauls a$$.i want to put a exhaust temp and boost gauge on now.where should i put the temp. probe?before the turbo or after?where should i get a boost reading from?

This may be better off in the lounge but I'll answer anyway.

The best place for the EGT is pre-turbo. Everybody puts the EGT in the passenger side manifold towards the rear. You'll have to drill and tap the manifold for the probe. You need to either remove the manifold or go through the fender well and drill while the truck is running so all shavings blow back out. Start out with a small bit and work your way up.

The boost gauge can be T'd into the vacuum line on your wastegate. This is the easiest but your boost will read 1-2lbs. higher than the boost at the intake because this is pre-intercooler. You can drill and tap into the intake side with some extra effort if you want the correct reading.

My father just bought a new Duramax that he's picking up Sat or Mon (depending when he gets back from vacation. I ordered him the Hypertech programmer, but he wants it more for fuel economy. Did you monitor before and after with your programmer to see if youy picked up any fuel milage??