You can type here any text you want

DYNO Run

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by Razor
Got Torque :)

Nah..its the torque converter playing havoc with the numbers..this is why most automatics get a MPH vs HP type of graph and leave the torque off.And the factory cam can be seen losing its cohonies past 4500 rpms..thats why these motors dont make any sense to shift em past 5k..

Now a bigger cam will bring that 5k point up..

And welcome to the world of Boost on a dyno..Whats really weird is the direct scan run recorded..at the track the car goes all of second and third gear through the traps at 780's for O2's..without touching a thing..on the dyno they were 870's..

I did it for kinda scientific personal research..If I tuned it for high 700's on the dyno..I'd blow a hole in a piston at the track.

i too had that problem, but the main reason was cause the car would run more boost when the tires were on the ground, and not on the dyno roller-

my problem was i couldnt get my car to lean out, te44 and 50s with reds 107 chip, and still at 830's on the 02, at 30/30 :D
then hit the track, 750's on the 02 and running 32psi fuel with the boost gauge set at S OR T :D

your using a dynojet correct???

Originally posted by Razor
Got Torque :)

Nah..its the torque converter playing havoc with the numbers..this is why most automatics get a MPH vs HP type of graph and leave the torque off.

I dont understand why people discount the torque numbers dyno's say when an automatic is on it. If you dont believe the torque numbers are accurate than you cannot believe the horsepower either; as it is a mathmatical number derived from the measured torque. The torque curve that you see on Julio's run is very much the same as all ofther turbo buicks; they all put down gobs of power but under 5000 rpm (like Julio said, with the stock cam).

Bob

Bryan..yes a DynoJet..

Best place to tune..the track..is and always will be.. :)

But still like the trophy of those two numbers produced..one of those warm and fuzzy feel good deals.Since it was done driven to the dyno like I normally run the car..93 octane and alky.

Julio

Back