You can type here any text you want

Dyno #'s

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chikn305

First off alittle about the car. It's a bone stock TTA long blockwith a Ta62 set at 17lbs, afpr, thdp, 009's, 700r4w 3000 vigilante. I made 4 pulls and could only get horsepower numbers because we couldn't get a good tach signal. Anyways it made 317hp at 17lbs. I need to find the tach lead so I can go back and get some torque numbers.

Ummm it should be the other way around. You can't get a HP number without a tach signal.

Horsepower = (Torque x RPM)/5252

Torque is meadured on the dyno as the force exerted on the dyno drum and the radius of the drum, using the acceleration rate of the drum I believe. There's other ways of measuring it but typically a dyno will measure the torque and use the RPM signal to figure out the horsepower.

For a tach signal I think that we may have used a spark plug wire. I'm not exactly sure since it was quite a while ago.

317 seems a bit low for your car. Did you run an A/F monitor or some other scan tool to see if it was running rich or lean?

I was only running 17lbs of boost and low timiing. I did run af and it had a slight lean spot in the midrange. I has a TT chip that I need to put in and turn up the boost.

I dont think at 17 PSI on a stock longblock you'll see any difference between turbo's.

Boost is a restriction. Both turbo's at 17 PSI are not even cranking.. Is what it is.

running 17#s of boost ...why bother racing it or goin on a dyno ?? thats like having a hot babe and dropping her off at home ....wellll you know what I mean :rolleyes:

Grumpy said:
running 17#s of boost ...why bother racing it or goin on a dyno ?? thats like having a hot babe and dropping her off at home ....wellll you know what I mean :rolleyes:

Well in my case it was because it was a tired old stock motor with 117k miles on it that had been beat on worse than a back talking wife in the south... :eek: :D ;) So I wanted it to last just a little longer since she was my daily driver at the time.

http://www.hi-psi.com/media/TurboT_Dyno1.mpg

Grumpy said:

I was at a dyno day and just got the car running so I figured what the hell. I'm going to get an alky kit from Razor and turn it up.

Back