You can type here any text you want

Dyno Tuning vs. Track Tuning.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNBRETT

Pelennor Fields
wat r ur guys thoughts on this? Ive seen friends of mine that are great tuners tune their car on the dyno then go to the track and have issues without changing anything and detonate.

wat thoughts are out there that making passes at the track will result in more accurate information due to load? or does it not make a rats as bit of difference?

it always seems that if ur on the dyno and running it on the edge at lets say 30 lbs of boost and then go to the track ull need to back it off a few lbs to be safe.

just wonder wat ppl's experiences were and thoughts were on this subject.

To make a long answer short, IMOP a dyno is a great tool to get you close on the tune. Once close, do the fine adjustments at the track.

I'd say if your fuel system isn't up to par you might have fueling issues between the dyno and the track because of the g forces the fuel pump has to overcome on a hard launching track car. Maybe more so on a higher hp car.

Dyno numbers are great for bragging... And yes I have had lean issues using a dyno tune at the strip.

I tune on the street and then go to the track. Even then things like heat soak due to being in the staging lanes can get in the way.

wat r ur guys thoughts on this? Ive seen friends of mine that are great tuners tune their car on the dyno then go to the track and have issues without changing anything and detonate.
you have to add fuel on the track,tune on the edge on the dyno or street and go to the track and it can become costly.

Also you really need the track when the suspension tuning comes in, something you really cant do on the dyno.

I rather blowup my own shit at the track over paying a tuner to blow it for me on a dyno.
I know a few local guys that use the dyno and dish out a lot money to dyno tune to then have to retune again at the track.:confused:

I have never put a car on the dyno but will soon. Dynos are great to get some baselining done on a highly tunable car - especially with aftermarket boxes. A good dyno can load the car properly and really get you into the ballpark and on new combinations, ensures everything is working: Fuel system, oil system, cooling, boost controller, ignition under power, trans shifting... a bunch of stuff.

A good session on a dyno can really salvage 1 to many track visits. A dyno is like putting miles on your car.. It's the best way to ensure everything is working.... then you can focus on final tune-up and suspension tweaks at the track.

I went on the dyno and worked out a bunch of issues that could never be done efficiently at the track. By the time I finally went to the track I made my first 8 second pass and was the first time it was at the track in 10 years. So in my opinion well worth it.
AG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned by others, if using your dyno tune for the track, be sure to add fuel. I got my best hp on the dyno with afr of 12 and no knock but on the street/track I have to run afr in the 10's to avoid knock.

Back