You can type here any text you want

Dyno vid from Buschur's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
That is with the wastegate open, true max rpm with 0 boost. It starts to make boost way sooner. On the brake with it floored, I can see 12psi well before 4000 rpm, with the 7668, I had the 2 step at 3600, and was able to get 15psi on the brake. I really haven't had alot of time to play with the 4276. What # PTC do you have?

I have a super tight 16 vane pump version 9.5" here is a log of the spool up.
40 timing spool copy.JPG

You have a 16 blade PTC??

Time for a restall...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I would have it loosened up. I had this same converter with my old 245" 8.5:1 engine, and it stalled at 3000. This was with the stock ECM, so I am sure with an XFI more torque could have been made by tweaking the timing and fuel. I have an 18 blade.

You have a 16 blade PTC??

Time for a restall...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Yes , and it was ordered that way so i could drive it in OD.....without being loose...........

As long as the rpm's are above 2200, I doubt you would notice. You are willing to go to a 4.10 gear to help, so there would be more highway rpm? Get rid of the GVOD, restall to an 18 blade, keep the 3.42's. You will solve the spool up issues, cut weight, and be at almost the same cruising rpms as 4.10's with OD.

Iv'e thought about changing the gear, but the board members have talked me out of it. I love the GV would never take it out of the car.......not an option.

As long as the rpm's are above 2200, I doubt you would notice. You are willing to go to a 4.10 gear to help, so there would be more highway rpm? Get rid of the GVOD, restall to an 18 blade, keep the 3.42's. You will solve the spool up issues, cut weight, and be at almost the same cruising rpms as 4.10's with OD.

I told that to Norbs on the phone last week......... I told him to take the GV off the car, tune it, then when the tune is done and the car makes decent power, put it back on the car and see if it is hurting anything by having it on the car. Amazing how 2 guys say the same thing who have never talked together about this.

Back