You can type here any text you want

E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
New England, Indy, KC, Tenn...... I'd certainly have to agree that the AFC had much better teams this year. I don't like the 'fish (Dolphins) but I had to feel sorry for Dave W. winning 10 games and not making the playoffs. That hasn't happened many times.

Pats or Colts, it's just good seeing 2 really good teams going at it for a change.

Originally posted by strikeeagle
Well, I'm OK with Philly, but what's this "heart" sh!t? I mean, why is it that every rustbelt town where it blows to live has "heart"?
:D

WOW!!! Rustbelt town where it blows to live???

Philadelphia is the greatest city in the world. No I do not live there anymore, I moved when I was 8. But I have plenty of relatives who still live there. Philly has the most passionate, fight to the end, teams and fans in the world. Watch the way Iverson plays night in and night out, win or lose. Watch the way Staley runs with the ball, down by 14 with a minute left in the game. You don't get cheated when it comes to sports in Philly. You don't get an arena or stadium full of suits sitting on their hands watching a game. You either play your heart out every single night or you will hear about it from the fans and the media and you will wish you were in Tampa playing in front of fans who could care less unless your winning. We may not have had a championship to show for it in quite a while but we do have a pretty long list of superstars who have played or who are playing in philly. The championships will come and when they do they are gonna come in numbers. Right now all of phillys teams have a bright future. You won't see just one parade on sportscenter in the next 5 years. You'll see 3 or 4.

As far as the Eagles go, they are where they are because they play as a team. There receivers stink, they can't get open to save their @sses (don't be surprised to see Marvin Harrison in an Eagles jersey next year if the Colts don't win the SuperBowl). Reid had no clue at the beginning of the year what kind of player Westbrook was or how Staley would play after holding out. Jim Johnson all season has been juggling around his defense due to injuries. Yet they've played together, bending but not breaking, the motto thats been being thrown out all year by the media. Stopping teams on key drives, making the key picks, and catching the ball when it mattered. I know McNabb does not have much confidence in some of his teammates, causing him to hold on to the ball longer than he should sometimes causing problems. But as the games progress and he actually lets the ball go giving his teammates a chance to make a play, they come up big and make the play. If the Eagles could play the way they do in the second half of games, in the first half, then they would have destroyed teams rather than just barely winning. In the Green Bay game we gave up only 3 points in the second half, the defense tightened, allowing GB to run all they wanted between the 20's but not letting them any further.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm just another passionate philly fan. GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude,

I had Staley on my FF team. He friggin' KILLED me...

I like Philly tho'. Yeah, it's got heart! Oh, and great pretzels! And really screwed up expressways!!!

Yeah, but Deuce was a real pro by playing in that 3-back swap thing they had going all year. Think of what Randy Moss or Keyshawn would have said about that! I think he's the kind of guy that has to be the #1 back in an offense and then you spell him when he gets tired. He's just not as effective in a 3-back offense.

He goes free agent at the end of the year, right? I'll bet a lot of teams get interested in him. Heck, Arizona could take anyone!

Yup, that 3 backs thing was NOT GOOD for FF!!!

He should be a #1 back, he's got the stuff.

At 1st I though they were trying to punish him for holding out.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he hits the road...

The 3 headed backfield wasn't bad for me in my fantasy leagues. I had Westbrook in all my leagues and he was a HUGE sleeper. Ask the people in the turbobuick fantasy league(i won ;) )

This could be a bad offseason for the Eagles. Vincent and Taylor could both leave, and were most likely not going to had the 3 backs we have now. Reid needs to get a pro bowl reciever too.

Thats not concern now, first we need to win the SuperBowl baby....

E - A - G - L - E - S

Eagles vs. Pats in the Super Bowl, Pats will win though.
Sorry 'demon! :) I like the Eagles but the Pats are #1! :D

Steve

The Eagles were not handed the game. They held GreenBay to only a field goal after the first quarter. They stopped them at the Goal line at the end of the second half. How many times has Farve thrown up a prayer of a pass and one of his receivers makes a miracle catch??? He gets lucky too!!! Mcnabb has led them down the field in both games against Greenbay this year and won the game. If Farve makes the throw on 4th and 26 its because he is great. When Mcnabb does it he is lucky or they blame the GB defense. The Eagles have been very lucky this year but they also have been devastated with injuries. Good teams tend to have good luck. If GB had a good coach they would be a better team. If Mcnabb plays 4 quarters of football this week the Eagles will beat the Panthers,but I think they lose to the Patriots or Colts in the Superbowl.

Pete.

> If Mcnabb plays 4 quarters of football this week

Well, there ya go. I think any real football fan would recognize McNabb had a terrible year throwing the ball. It seemed to me like those drives you cite were as good as he played all year. He's virtually unstoppable when he runs, breaks tackles, avoids the rush and makes accurate throws.

But... most of the time I've seen him this year, his passes were way off. If he can make up for it by running, he better do it because now is the time!

To the Cleveland guy that hates the Eagles - go watch some Browns footage to chear you up. Cause the only way to see the Browns in January, is by videotape.

Die hard Eagles fan, even though I live in Cleveland.:eek:

Keys to the Carolina game:

1. Stop the friggin run!

2. Teach Donovan that he has a blindside, and stop taking so many sacks. I realize that he is trying to be more of a pocket passer, but he still needs to run if no one is open.

3. Cut Sheldon Brown! The dude flat out sucks. Pray to god that Vincent plays.

Back