E-bay turbo

corsair231

I just remembered a little incident that happend to me a few months back. Thought it might be good for a chuckle so here goes. A friend and I were in my T and we were on the way home from a day of just hanging out and goofing off. It was about dusk and we were coming down the highway in front of the local mall. A late 80's RX-7 was surfing traffic and coming up quickly on my right side. The driver was a young guy with several of the APC and other ricer type decals displayed all over his car. I let him pass me and I boosted a little and caught up to him to see if he wanted to play a little. He took the bait. He hit it and I let him pull about 2 car lengths on me and I got into mine. My boost came up and I caught him easily which is all I really wanted to do. (We were in traffic and approaching a light so I wasn't going to run it out. As adults we must street race responsibly. Right? ;) ) My turbo was whistling and when I was passing his open window I lifted and it snorted loudly. The light caught us and he motioned for me to roll down the window. I did and he said, "Hey, nice Monte. Does that thing have a turbo on it? It does, dosen't it? I heard it. It's loud as f#*k. What is it a 350?" (All in one breath, I might add) I just smiled and told him that it was a 305 and I didn't have a turbo. I told him it was a turbo sound box I got off of e-bay. I said I had it hooked up to the throttle and ran through an amp to make it that loud. He was like, "No s#*t. I gotta check that out." The light turned green and he pulled into Arby's. My buddy and I laughed for about the next 2 miles. :D

thats a good one, but I can't stand for someone to think I had a Monte with a V8. I wouldn't have been able to tell him that!!! :p

lol a turbo sound box!!!!!!!!! I have heard it all now, and he belived it to, oh man!!! I wonder how long he searched ebay that night trying to find one :biggrin: Daniel Ray

need boost said:
lol a turbo sound box!!!!!!!!! I have heard it all now, and he belived it to, oh man!!! I wonder how long he searched ebay that night trying to find one :biggrin: Daniel Ray

I'm not sure of there are any on there anymore, but i know for a fact there used to be a few guys selling those on e-bay for real. My buddy and i bought one as a joke to put on his 80-something lumina peice-of-s**t. It was hilarious, the thing was a total peice of junk, you could barely hear it over the noise of the car... it made a blow-off-valve noise every time the throttle was floored.... the best part was knowing there were proabbly people who actually bought one to put on their car to make it sound badass.

That was funny

:D I hate when people call our cars Monte Carlos, They cant understand how we just blow them away. "DO SOME RESEARCH", Is what I tell them.

corsair231 said:
He was like, "No s#*t. I gotta check that out." The light turned green and he pulled into Arby's. My buddy and I laughed for about the next 2 miles. :D

LOL. There is the A typical RICER. All about the show, with no go.

Hey, that ebay one is only $20 bucks! That's an awesome deal and like the add says if you have a turbo and use their product you'll have "double the effect" !! :biggrin:

However, I'm shocked that it doesn't add horsepower like the stickers do. I suppose I'll just have to stick with the nice APC and Type R stickers and badges. Oh yeah and the fake stick-on sidepipes that they sell at walmart. :D

And to think I just wasted about 600 bucks on a real turbo dam i feel stupied.

Dee! Dee! Dee!

*ding* (doorbell) "Fry's are done! Fry's are done!" -- Carlos Mencia :rolleyes: