E- brake launch??

With GOOD Slicks, at the Track, HELL YEA!! Almost everyone!

Well, I just figured this out on my own. I cranked on that sucker and stood on it, let er rip and Holy sh!t:eek: Tires practicly melted off! My boost had to be about 10-12psi and holding.TG for FWDB's!!

When you use this technique, I think I read somewhere that you pull the release first, but remove your left foot from the ebrake quickly for the actual launch. Is that right? Thought that using the release to launch messes up the release linkage. I might have to try that at the track this Friday if it is sprayed good. I have Nittos and the stock brake maximum of 4 to 5 psi seems about all they can handle.

an excellent way to destroy your backing plates....use at your own risk........

Yep, we have seen backing plates roll and tear all brake lines and hoses. Then you do not know till the end. On the street this could be the end of your life or more important, some innocent other person's life. It can do damage you wouldnt believe.If that is what you are looking to do buy a transbrake.
Dangerous....very dangerous........

Ok, cancel that off my to-do list for the track Friday :D . Don't know about everyone else, but I'm going to listen to azgn and WE4.

WHOA!!! Hold on now, YES, after REPEATED use of this technice on a MID 11 or faster car, yes! But on a slower car, Almost EVERY lauch I EVER made at the track with my last T (Best of 11.80@114) I've E-Braked it, and NEVER, I repeat NEVER had a problem!! I checked my backing plates and rear brakes at least once every other month!! NOw granted I usually only launch with about 4 to 6 Lbs., with a FEW banzi 8 to 10 lb. launches over the years! For what its worth as well, I had the Trans from HEAVEN in that car, COMPLETELY STOCK 94,000mi trans w only an external cooler put on in '94 and had, at last slip count before I sold it, 350 passes:eek: over 8 years!!

Old Gray ,
Well I guess the truth comes out after the car is gone HUH.
You told me & K2 that the tranny was rebuilt By husek & had low miles on it.
You also told me that you only foot braked the car. No E brakes cause that (in your words) It left real hard.
Now If your going to BS you better get your story rite cause if you did lie about that tranny, better watch yourself.
So with one is it??.....Rebuilt or 94k??:mad:

Also,
Where in the HELL did 350 passes come from??
Does the story get better?? The car as you told us had about 75 to 100 (At best) passes.

I know the Saying "let the Buyer beware" But your singing a TOTALLY different tunes now.

Also I thought you bought it in 96?? Not 94.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong Anywhere in this post.

PS: Let's get this Rite So theres no more "SLIP COUNTS"

www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=19802&referrerid=669

Ouch! Big news. If true this is not cool at all. Naturally buyer beware but with such a small community you'd think no one wants to get a bad name. I guess we'll have to wait for the responses and hash out the information.

Hopefully this will not be a sudden rash of not answering direct questions. Seems certain other people on the list are "famous" for making statements and then when questioned about it never answer direct and legitimate questions.

I'm keeping my eye on this thread!

BTW, generally accepted that E-Brake launches are bad. There is no reason that a properly working power master should not be able to hold 10 psi! Mine holds 14 psi before I decided that was enough and that my tires would never hold that amount. Rich Rezes brakes hold 10-11 psi easy when he pulls monstrous 1.4 short times with his 10 second GN. Using the E-Brake because your brakes are not functioning properly is not the answer. Get the brakes working correctly!

O.K. now, before the mob Burns me at the stake, let me clear the air on a few things (get my last words in:eek: )

1. I DID buy the car '96, the previous owner (good friend) had put
a Shift kit in there in 94.

2. As far as 350 passes, thats the Total from ALL my TR's, 1st one
bought in 89, second one bought in '92, and the one I sold to
Jimmy last year!

3. I STRONGLY stand behind my E-Brake launchs! I've ALWAYS launced this way at the track and SERIOUS street races and NEVER- I REPEAT "NEVER" had a problem!!!

4. I've never gone any faster than an 11.80 though, so I'm quite sure a FASTER car might have a problem with this!

If I offended anyone I appologize! Jimmy I sent a Private message.

Miles??

63,000 "ORIG" miles!! Is there any other kind??
Surely, someone would NOT run the speedo FORWARD and then declare the miles were "unoriginal"..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: J/K!

Old gray,
Yes I will get in contact with ya.

Also, you will be @ Atco on the 30th???

Thanks

Oh boy, here we go! I know "quite" a few guys in my area who (I'm not gonna mention any names Rich Segal, Ooops) do the Dis-Connectt speedo cable and drive away deal! I caught a few guys last year at the E-Town Buick SHOW car area with thier cables hanging in the breeze!! One was one of the 3 GNX's :eek: !
So thats where my statement in my sig comes from! I know the history of the car I bought VERY well!

Jimmy, Apsolutlly I'll be there!!

Look me up and we'll discuss the Tranny deal, again I appologize for any mis-understandings!

Being an original owner of a low mileage GN I knew exactly what you meant by "Original Mileage". Another trick is actually taking out the odometer and taking it apart and putting it back together with a lower mileage.

With my 1969 Camaro I just bought a new Speedo and it had 0 miles on it but that was because it was a ground up, frame off restoration including a blueprinted motor. The car when I did the restoration actually had over 100K on the clock but now in the past 8 years since the restoration I've only put about 2500 miles on the car.

My GN now pretty much only gets mileage put on it during the 35 minute trip down to E-Town a few times a year!

I use to use the e-brake, then I installed the jumper valve and now I run the same times. works flawless. My car would only run 13.90 on the foot brake 12.90 E-brake. With the jumper valve we have the car down to 12.71 with stock converter holding 8 psi with vacum brakes with out maybe 2 psi if I was lucky.

Can't comment on Vacuum brakes, never used them. The Power Master is known to be problematic at times. If you have one working well they are great. 2 psi with any braking system sounds fishy. Hell, even the TTA's with the rear disks can hold that much and they are not known for holding much boost at all. I think there may be something screwy with your braking system if it's only holding 2 psi of boost. Plenty of other people holding way more than 2 psi of boost with both Power Master and Vacuum brakes. The jumper valve is a good idea as long as it doesn't brake anything like backing plates or 15 year old rubber brake lines... There was a really good thread on this a while back going back and forth about its merits and possible problems. Can't comment more than that about it as I'm no brake expert. I only tune brakes on 10 second cars so what do I know..... :)