E85 conversion!

Step 1!

ForumRunner_20130426_184343.png

ForumRunner_20130426_184343.png

TT/Ameasap said:
Step 2
"Cut a hole in the box"(JT)..lol

So, your going with the 416 pump?

I was going to, but I was talked out of it. I'm going to build a double Pumper. I might take a separate line from each pump through the bulk head, and join them outside of the tank. Looks like it's going to be a pain in da azz!

I was going to, but I was talked out of it. I'm going to build a double Pumper. I might take a separate line from each pump through the bulk head, and join them outside of the tank. Looks like it's going to be a pain in da azz!
exhibit A for reference:

OK cool! I'll let you know. I might do what Steve showed me, and do separate feeds off each pump. Thanks man!

One bad thing about owning a TTA is that no one really specializes in parts specifically for our cars. Some GN parts are interchangeable, but the parts that aren't sometimes we're screwed on. It's taken over three weeks to get parts to build a double Pumper, and I don't even know if it will work. Grrr! E85 better be worth it!

Look at it this way Dave.... Your pioneering the way for potential E85 TTA owners wanting more power than 11's. Just like alky 12 years ago.

Still needs some minor adjustments, but I had it in the tank. Extremely tight fit.

ForumRunner_20130528_204033.png

Don't know if I'ld trust that corrugated plastic stuff. How about some 3/8" nylon fuel line?

Pronto said:
Don't know if I'ld trust that corrugated plastic stuff. How about some 3/8" nylon fuel line?

That part including the hose is from Racetronix specifically for this setup. It seems a lot stronger than it looks.

Oh, I thought it was something you made up. If it's from Racetronix then it must be safe.

Pronto said:
Oh, I thought it was something you made up. If it's from Racetronix then it must be safe.

I know. It's not pretty, but don't have too many options. The hose being that flexible though actually helps getting it in to the tank. I'll be glad when it's all back together!

So close to 100%! Just dropped it in the tank, and I have to shorten everything by about 1/4". The pumps are hitting the bottom of the tank. I should have it finished tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20130530_225130.png

ForumRunner_20130530_225155.png