E85 conversion!

Finishing up my conversion within the next couple weeks. Gonna get a baseline at the track with the 93/alky when this weather breaks first.

Doing my conversion this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1001[1].JPG
    IMG_1001[1].JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1043[1].JPG
    IMG_1043[1].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0853[1].JPG
    IMG_0853[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0858[1].JPG
    IMG_0858[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
I figured I would get the ball rolling on the E85 thing and wait for some more dough to come in for tires. Will be back at track in a couple weeks on the corn!

My fuel filter will be here Monday, so I will finish up all the plumbing then. I'll try finishing the wiring on Tuesday. Should be re-tuning by Friday on E85!
Might go out for another 1/8 mile blast and try sticking this thing to the ground and get a better 60ft time.

Are you using the stock gas tank? Wondering if you've seen any corrosion?

Yes, I have. I think there is some kind of a plastic coating on the inside of our tanks and I have found it in my fuel filter. I am running an external Aeromotive pump and filter, so it is easy for me to change the filter. But about a year ago I began to notice that the fuel pressure wasn't where it ought to be, so I pulled the filter out. The thing was absolutely covered with clearish/whitish plastic particles. So, my solution has been to clean the filter regularly, which has worked just fine.

Yes, I have. I think there is some kind of a plastic coating on the inside of our tanks and I have found it in my fuel filter. I am running an external Aeromotive pump and filter, so it is easy for me to change the filter. But about a year ago I began to notice that the fuel pressure wasn't where it ought to be, so I pulled the filter out. The thing was absolutely covered with clearish/whitish plastic particles. So, my solution has been to clean the filter regularly, which has worked just fine.
Same thing with my filter...some weird whitish stuff.
Bo I'm interested in seeing if your new tank does the same thing.

My car has been sitting for the last few weeks. I'll cut my filter apart, and see what it looks like.

It's more than likely the plastic baffling. When I sumped my tank, I had to drill holes through the plastic too. Don't know if it reacts with the E85, but I planned on cleaning my filter after a tank full and then regularly throughout the season.
Got it wired up and running. One of my fittings is leaking a little, so I'm gonna give the system a good look over and fix any seeping issues. Pump is not really loud at all.... I was worried.