E85 conversion!

IMG_1063[1].JPG

Spools up quicker, Runs smoother(not as much vibration in motor), Harder to start(few more cranks than on 93) and it smells a cross between a dog food factory and cattle feed.
Other than that...Runs the same.
What kind of FP setting are you at? Im at 43 static and added a bunch in the WOT feature in the chip. Still a tad lean.

Got a bad ignition module now, but the car has been running like a scalded dog with higher timing. Pulls hard in 3rd at 17-18psi.

Back up and running again.
Beat it like a horse today in 95° temps. Blew an intercooler hose, so 4ply is on the way. Runs really well with 25° timing, 18psi and 10.8AFR's. Once I get it all tuned, Im going to lean it out to 11.3-11.5. There is a big difference in power with those AFR's.

BTW,
Boost will be going north of 20 when it gets cooler out.

I just cut apart my fuel filter, and it looks perfectly clean. Has a couple hundred miles on e85, and the car also sat untouched for 6 weeks. If there's any corrosion happening it's going very slow.

Back up and running again.
Beat it like a horse today in 95° temps. Blew an intercooler hose, so 4ply is on the way. Runs really well with 25° timing, 18psi and 10.8AFR's. Once I get it all tuned, Im going to lean it out to 11.3-11.5. There is a big difference in power with those AFR's.

BTW,
Boost will be going north of 20 when it gets cooler out.
When you get up into the 30psi range it will probably want the 10.8 AFR (or lower) to fight knock.

Do you still have the alky kit on the car?

Had a little fun with mine the other night. 27psi she boogied from 30 to 80mph in just under 3 sec. Had the alky spraying a little bit on top of the E85. Turned it up a little more after that!

Yes I do. I started a post about that and everyone said ya don't need it.
I thought misting the air stream would helP keep thing cooler.

Yes I do. I started a post about that and everyone said ya don't need it.
I thought misting the air stream would helP keep thing cooler.

it helps. no doubt about it. I'm targeting 10.6 with the alky on a "low" setting. it helps to fight knock retard and it helps keep the injectors at a lower duty cycle. Without it my injectors get really close to max, with it on I'm well under 90%

I use the TR6 rev limiter, chip has no rev limiter. that way it cuts spark, no fuel cut.

The standard location for the module is under the coil. I relocated mine to the fender to make more room near the cowl. Spina made the extension harnesses for me.

Having the module near the fender makes it much easier to change settings in the module.

I still have a break up at WOT after HO coilpack installation. It seems to work well when cold, then it starts to break up. Im gonna check the fuel filter because it started this as soon as I swapped to E85. I dunno, but it is driving me nuts now.