E85 Fuel pumps

I have been using the A1000 with E85 since April 2006 and about 15,000 dally driven miles without fail.I don't see any reason you GN guys can't make it work. I realize that you guys run a bunch more fuel pressure than us high HP Old School Carb guys. But the A2000 is stiill a decent fuel pump

Things to keep in mind about some Aeromotive pump failures is that a lot of guys run a fuel cell in the trunk and put the pump in the trunk, that's going to cause the pump itself to run hotter and reduce it's life. Most likely you are going to mount the pump under the trunk area and get air at it while cruising. But E85 or E100 is a cooler fuel but the lubricity might offset that and cause the pump to run hotter, haven't seen back to back test on that yet.

1st thing is if you plan on using the stock tank and hanger setup, you will want to redo the systems fuel lines. Run -8 feed ( minimum IMO ) and a -6 return. For the return you can do a few things to get the -6 back to the tank, Turbofabricator came up with a nice way to run an external fuel reg. You can also do a true dual -6 out the top of the pump hanger and then Y those lines into one -10 etc if you wanted.

Now that you have a -6 return you can run both Walbro pumps at the same time and not choke up the reg to lower the pressure to say 38psi base.

A2000 is a drag pump for carbs, won't work on an EFI street car.

Attachments

• GN Fuel Rail Return -6 Smaller.jpg
    GN Fuel Rail Return -6 Smaller.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 427
If lubricity is an issue, add some Marvel Mystery Oil, I used to use it when running toluene, no issues to report with my pump..

having a gm 5.3 yukon pump flowed as it was free(bad sender warranty replacement) it looks pretty beefy worst case 2 of them should hold up to anything we can dish out, most pumps are up to 10% ethanol nowdays .going to run 1/2 inch SS line all they way up and back for return. line in and out with 2 seperate rails, regulators (each bank) dual pumps, should be easy to stay on top of everything that way. kind of a long term test as I think this is the future.

, I'm going to try and get away from the alky kit with the E85 only and see what happens, if need be
and I do need the extra fuel with the alky kit I will be running E100 in it instead of meth which I can get at very reasonable price,
Ron

Hey Ron,

I'm curious, where are you getting E100? ;) You must have a good friend that's willing to put their ass on the line!