E85 spooling vs other fuels

If you switch to E85 and change nothing except adding 30 % more fuel,your motor will produce more torque. It will also spool in half the time and come on like a light switch with no other changes. It's the E85.

Off the subject but has anyone tried e98!! :cool: I bet it would spool by just turning the key on!!! From what I seen its like 123 to 126 octane and 8 to 9.00$ a gallon.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Back ur statement up with facts... optimize how??? Inguiring minds want to know

I can't give away everything :) .. but people still don't understand the fuel itself ... alcohol is NOT gasoline... and you cant tune it like Gasoline. ... nor can you configure the motor for a gasoline setup.
On my GN the boost gauge will literally goto 30 pounds like flipping a light switch.. it is truly amazing what E85 brings to the table... its to the point where its just not even the same car . To be honest I prefer it to even Race fuels
hard parts easily

Off the subject but has anyone tried e98!! :cool: I bet it would spool by just turning the key on!!! From what I seen its like 123 to 126 octane and 8 to 9.00$ a gallon.

you may laugh .. but you can actually do better than E98 :) but not sure you can approach 120 octane .. I would say more like 105-110 at best

Here is mine after playing with AFR a little at 20psi. Mind you im on 30'' slicks that are 12.5 wide, so I get traction on the street at low 11's.;)
I cant kick it down cruising at all...Boost is instant.

you may laugh .. but you can actually do better than E98 :) but not sure you can approach 120 octane .. I would say more like 105-110 at best
E85 is higher than that atleast true e85-114-116

Does not really matter hell of a lot cheaper than c16 or 23 LOL I am going to get all I can out of it either way...:D

E85 is higher than that atleast true e85-114-116

i'm not so sure
E85.jpg

Well I guess no one knows for shure the octane but I am high but cant find a good answer. 95-110 lol dono but it's working for lots.

Does not really matter hell of a lot cheaper than c16 or 23 LOL I am going to get all I can out of it either way...:D

And you will have a blast with it ! for $2.50 a gallon ... its unreal ... best single mod you can do

Yep one day will see what my little 67 will do on 30lbs

What timing and A/F ratios are you seeing in these extreme E85 tunes for quickest spool ups? Are we talking about 35+* timing and lean as in 13.0-15.0 gas scale AFR's?

Regards,
Shev

18° timing for me. AFR's are in the 12's while spooling.
Now I have run up to 28° timing in 3rd on my old SD1 chip with no KR

that chart has some flaws beside the octane being way lower than I have ever seen posted for any variant of e85 (e85 is a marketing name for a series of fuels of varying ethanol content tagged at the pump as 105 octane which is the octane number typically associated with e70 winter blend which would be the lowest ethanol content fuel sold under the e85 umbrella )

The specific gravity value should be linear with heavier values as ethanol content increases but the e50 is heavier than reg/premium & e85???

that chart has some flaws beside the octane being way lower than I have ever seen posted for any variant of e85 (e85 is a marketing name for a series of fuels of varying ethanol content tagged at the pump as 105 octane which is the octane number typically associated with e70 winter blend which would be the lowest ethanol content fuel sold under the e85 umbrella )

The specific gravity value should be linear with heavier values as ethanol content increases but the e50 is heavier than reg/premium & e85???

Ok you can go fight with MIT and Delphi.. what would they know ? :)

18° timing for me. AFR's are in the 12's while spooling.
Now I have run up to 28° timing in 3rd on my old SD1 chip with no KR

wow 28 seems to be high!!! Even tho the fuel is very detonation resistant I would be curious to see the wear on your top upper rod bearing. Evidently it doesnt create enuff cylinder pressure to push out the head gaskets so that is definitely interesting....