E85 Tuned Chip ????

It would be cool to run the E85 at the same or similar boost levels though seeing its 100 times cheaper! :biggrin: :eek:

It would be cool to run the E85 at the same or similar boost levels though seeing its 100 times cheaper! :biggrin: :eek:

Its already beeen done buy a TR owner not on this board. The other thing is that he could hot lap the car at the track with times consistently within a 10th, can't do that with race gas or even alky injection. On top of that it it easier to tune with.

Its already beeen done buy a TR owner not on this board. The other thing is that he could hot lap the car at the track with times consistently within a 10th, can't do that with race gas or even alky injection. On top of that it it easier to tune with.

Thats Sweet Eric Needs get his info and start making chips for it!
We have 5 stations selling the E85 around by me now :)

Thats Sweet Eric Needs get his info and start making chips for it!
We have 5 stations selling the E85 around by me now :)

Yes Eric and I have already been doing chip testing, etc. The next step is to get the ME-R upgraded for wideband and test that.

I'll tell you this... E-85 makes a hell of alot more torque especially when tuned right. Most of the EVO, WRX and Mustang turbo guys have easily eclipsed their race gas or alky injection numbers with the E-85.

I can't wait till Eric gets this right, with the need for me to upgrade a lot fo things soon anyways, E-85 is something on my list...

What needs to be done to my fueling system, lines, pump, etc... to make this work right...

Also whats going to happen to the gas milage... I've heard that the gas milage goes down by about 20%...

If E-85 is SOO good, would it still be worth it for me to upgrade to ALKY?

And would it be possible to also allow flexibility for the chip to run on pump gas as well should a E85 station not be available??

Yes Eric and I have already been doing chip testing, etc. The next step is to get the ME-R upgraded for wideband and test that.

I'll tell you this... E-85 makes a hell of alot more torque especially when tuned right. Most of the EVO, WRX and Mustang turbo guys have easily eclipsed their race gas or alky injection numbers with the E-85.

Ya thats what I have been reading Im game as soon you have chips to make the switch it using say a T70 Ball bearing turbo and 60lb inj. is this still going to work with e85? Or will i need larger inj. than I have now??

Thanks for all the info Im sure you guys will get it set up soon :)

I believe so. E85 burns more fuel. I am going to E85 as soon as I can get a chip :D for my car. Just stinks that I need to upgrade my upgraded fuel system. But I hope the power is worth it. Plus you just pump and play.

A LOT of people have tried to talk me out of running E85.... I think we need to start a pros and cons list.

Ok. Cons- Uses more fuel, limited fuel stations,bigger injectors and pump, new chip and tuning. Pros- Cheaper than race fuel, race fuel boost all the time, no need for funnel to get in the tank, cooler running.

My friend Henry knows the guy that owns the Wyoming ethanol plant. He just came back from China where they are going to build a couple of plants for them, he also knows the guy that takes care of the large holding tanks for the E-85 here in Boise, and any left over E-85 that he has he has been dumping into his mid 80's I beleive he said Ford van for about 10 years and over 200k miles with no problems what so ever, I beleive Henry was saying that straight 100% ethanol is like about 115 or so octane. I will be going to the track tomorrow if it does not rain they say 40% chance and Henry will be there and I can get more info if anyone is interested, Wyoming Ethanol also sponsors or owns a couple of race cars that use staight ethanol in them for testing and the like.

Ron