E85 Water Absorbtion

No shit water can be atomized. Almost any liquid can be atomized to a certain degree. but just because you atomize a element or compound, does not mean it can be used at the operating pressures and temperature if a petrol engine. Just when it compresses the hydrogen in the water goes boom.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Well I am glad this got derailed. Soooo. What do you guys and gals recommend for fuel system upgrades? I am running a walboro 255 I think and 36# injectors.

I would assume the squitters pump and filter need to be replaced? Someone sell a kit?

Well I am glad this got derailed. Soooo. What do you guys and gals recommend for fuel system upgrades? I am running a walboro 255 I think and 36# injectors.

I would assume the squitters pump and filter need to be replaced? Someone sell a kit?

Speaking of derailed.....

Speaking of derailed.....

Start another thread....

or just use the search ...

same combo over and over with the same results .. I don't get how people can mess up something so simple .. 10's on these cars with E85 is pretty easy

Start another thread....

same combo over and over with the same results .. I don't get how people can mess up something so simple .. 10's on these cars with E85 is pretty easy
Thank you for the 5 minutes of my life I won't get back.

Start another thread....

I don't know about pretty easy. Still a lot of mods needed. Definitely the easiest/best fuel to get it done.

10.94 @ 124 .... fuel pump, injectors, 51 mm turbo, springs, downpipe, regulator , chip .. stock trans.. how much easier can it get ..

same setup went 11.18 @ 122 on race fuel with same parts the year before .. same setup since 2002

10.94 @ 124 .... fuel pump, injectors, 51 mm turbo, springs, downpipe, regulator , chip .. stock trans.. how much easier can it get ..

same setup went 11.18 @ 122 on race fuel with same parts the year before .. same setup since 2002
What size pump ang injectors? Details!

same pump injectors I always use dw301 and 80 # injectors .. the setup just plain works

You're amazing!

No... its not me .. I just tune the car ... its the car and its the same old setup that a lot of other people have gone just as fast ...

it took a long time to figure out .. its not the parts that make em go fast

No... its not me .. I just tune the car ... its the car and its the same old setup that a lot of other people have gone just as fast ...

it took a long time to figure out .. its not the parts that make em go fast
Right, but how long is a stock trans going to last, and you're saying a stock converter also? Stock exhaust manifolds? Stock throttle body and maf , and air box? Stock suspension?

the trans will be rebuilt this winter ( it does have a trans cooler ) .. its flaring badly after the last track outing ... stock D5 ... stock ex manifolds, stock TB , stock Maf ... no stock air box has a K&N on a aluminum inlet pipe

But here is what will really blow your mind .. it has 158K miles on it

turbo89, where do you live? I would love for you to help me tune mine. It's quick and it raises cane but I haven't tracked it in 10 years. I have similar combo to you but 72 injectors. I still think they are enough.

turbo89, where do you live? I would love for you to help me tune mine. It's quick and it raises cane but I haven't tracked it in 10 years. I have similar combo to you but 72 injectors. I still think they are enough.

John, if it hasn't been tracked in 10 years .. .first place I'd start is a bit of SEAT TIME :)

if your a once a year track guy.. probably not gonna see those times... it takes seat time to get ET :)

the rest follows.

The same car above ran a 12.90 @ 107 stone stock without a single part added to it on stock radial tires.

Its nothing new .. no wiz bang parts .. nothing special... closer to stock you keep it better off you are.

What boost levels and tires did you use? A bone stock TR does not go 107mph in the 1/4.

Car above was a TTA not TR ... and it did go 107 in the 1/4 .. that was over 15 years ago .. I couldn't tell you the boost level as I never paid attention to the boost as it made no difference to me. Just as I dont pay attention to boost very much now days ... BOOST is Just a NUMBER.
Tires were Bridgestone Potenza's

Car above was a TTA not TR ... and it did go 107 in the 1/4 .. that was over 15 years ago .. I couldn't tell you the boost level as I never paid attention to the boost as it made no difference to me. Just as I dont pay attention to boost very much now days ... BOOST is Just a NUMBER.
Tires were Bridgestone Potenza's

Sorry TTA.

This is a quote from Car & Driver in 1989.
Our test car scorched the drag strip with a 0-60-mph blast of 4.6 seconds and a quarter-mile run of 13.4 seconds at 101 mph. That means, as we go to press that the turbocharged Trans Am is the quickest 0-60 sprinter available in any US production-car showroom – at any price.

The 12.90 is possible with sticky tires and a well prepped track but not 107mph. There mph was 101, if the chip was changed and the boost up over stock then yea maybe 107mph is possible but bone stock on stock boost? No not hardly.
Since you don't remember the boost level or as you say that is just a number so who cares I raise the BS flag on this one.