Easy kill/funny kill...

JAntjas

Before I had my TA I owned a GN for 6 years. It was fairly built and it was a daily driver. On Sundays, if my wife did not go to church and the weather was good, my two boys and I would take it to church and have a little fun.

After church, on a bright sunny day around noon we pulled up to a red light in an Ohio town that is very big into street racing. We had the windows down, music up and sunroof open. A car pulls up beside us with a huge wing on the back, a load exhaust, etc. It took me a few seconds to determine that it was a saturn something (yes I said saturn...)

It was a stick and he began to tach it up anticipating the green. There was nobody around so I braked and applied enough pedal to get to around zero on the boost guage. I told the boys to hang on and we did an easy launch and laid into it after I got rolling. Even for the first length or so and then we were spooling hard, tires burning, you get the picture. Many car lengths ahead we get to the next light and he pulls up ahead.

My two boys are laughing so hard the driver is visibly upset. We turn down the radio and he yells over: "What is under the hood of that car?" I don't remember my reply but it was a father/sons story we fondly remember...