ebay,,,R they Crazy ,,what a junker

Eww, so say the reserve is 40k......i bet it'd take at least another 50-60k to restore it, I dont think that be worth it.

I sold mine a couple years ago for $27K (I paid $7500 for it in 1984)

'71 Cuda Convert

Rare Orange Interior

That Ebay car would need $27K just to restore (on top of the $30K bid)

People are stupid. I stopped driving my 'Cuda when I got my new '86 Mustang GT convert. Even with only 200 HP, it was a WAYYYYY better car than the 'Cuda. no comparison...

except in gawks from onlookers, who thought my cuda was a challenger or a Pontiac firebird.

Yikes, that 'Cuda is worse than I thought. One '71 fender (2 headlights) one '70 fender (one headlight)...I repeat, people are stupid.

It would be 20,000 in parts for that car plus 30,000 labor to do it. It needs frame rails and everything else. Mopar people are nuts. I sold my Hemi Challenger a few years ago and was happy to see it go for what I got for it.

They are not even near what a 71 hemi cuda convert is worth. the last beater 71 hemi vert I saw went for 500,000 and needed a resto. They are worth 1 million dollars now. If you can find one for sale.

Originally posted by vista461
If you look at the options it has convertible top AND a sunroof;) :D

Probably has a large hole in the top. Mopar people pay extra for that. :rolleyes:

Steaming.

As little as 5 years ago, I was worried I couldn't get $15K for my car (see pictures above)

Numbers matched, blah, blah.... but like all convert cuda's outside of arizona, it had rear inner wheel house rust (impossible to see and therefore hard to fix)

I actually felt sorry for the guy that gave my $27K for it. He had owned the car in the 70's and the car had the rust back then (original owner was a pennsylvania teacher), so he knew about it. I thought he had some kind of weird E-body sickness.

It appears it's contageous.

Unfortunatley, there are many people with more money than brains. Until people come to their senses, Ebay will continue to be a price gougers paradise for people who "just gotta have it right now because they dont make those anymore and i may never see one for sale again" There are some fair deals to be found, but there is plenty of stuff like this too.

I bought a intake lid *on sale!*from SLP for my TA... I proceeded to scratch it BADLY while trying to install a plug in the side of it. I then stuck it back in the box and it sat for the past 6 months. So i paid about $75 for it from SLP. I put it on ebay to get rid of it for $50... (pictures of the damage and all!) it was bid up to $81!! :eek: Im shipping it out today!

Theres an ass for every seat... I cant believe I just made $6 on screwing up an air lid....