Ebay Ta Performance Knock Offs L@@k Inside For Pictures

EXTRA EXTRA .....I just got my brand new GN motor mounts off ebay (some american classic car parts company) and they are stickered MADE IN INDIA ....I was happy as first with a smile thinking ahh my mother country:):cool: ...then it was like:eek: ....should I trust these behind a 600 hp TB? ....let the India bashing begin:D

They're probably the same mounts that you get at O'Reilly Auto or Auto Zone. Check those; and they'll say "Made In India" also. I'm guessing you probably paid about $20 for the set. Would you trust $20 to hold back 600 HP? That's probably why HR Parts and Stuff still sells their mounts.

Good luck; and let us know how they hold up.

Everyone should get used to the China stuff. It's not going to stop. If you take notice of most of the things that are on store shelves it's made in China or some other foreign country.

Everyone should get used to the China stuff. It's not going to stop. If you take notice of most of the things that are on store shelves it's made in China or some other foreign country.

my thoughts exactly

I set of ceramic coated poston headers ,I know there not $1000 or made of stainless etc.But I know one thing for sure fit great,no modifing em to fit TRUE BOLT ON AND GO.Now are they going to be good to 1000 hp and flow like a son of a gun who knows.I also use the tig master down pipe,which is stainless and again TRUE BOLT ON.And I know for sure I have less then a 1000 in both and they FIT.So what is wrong with saving a buck or two.I did and I am happy with what I have.

P.S. spent less then 2 hours install both items

China

Yea and the sh**y quality in product isn't going to stop either!!!! ;)

Sure we can get used to those stupid trinkets and the stupid little shelf nic nak crap but when it comes to a car where Reliability, Quality, Performance, Safety is a issue then WE should get used to TRYING TO BUY USA PRODUCTS! If ( and thats a BIG IF!) they START to build some QUALITY PERFORMANCE Parts then maybe we can and should start to look into buying them. Untill they start to build Performance Parts decent then to He*L with them.... Iv'e seen more sh*ty products from china than good ones!!!

If you take notice our country has Millions of illegal imigrants coming into our country every year and taking jobs away from americans and comitting crimes here, that don't make things right! Sould we just get used to that too? :rolleyes:

If the vendors are selling products made in china or over seas then that should be mentioned on the product and it to be left up to US to decide if we would buy it or not. There are some people like you who don't care to load there car up with china products, and there are people who don't like to buy china products at all. I would buy a product from china if it has been through enough R&D to be proven to work well and have good quality.. So please leave the decision to each there own!

Scot W.

I have direct experience with China and believe you shouldn't be too harsh on their abilities.

I have been dealing with China recently and can tell you this: They will provide top quality merchandise if you are demanding enough and know what you really want. I needed a plastic enclosure molded and had it quoted from two local tool and die makers along with a large Chinese T&D company. This particular mold will weigh in at around 450 lbs.

The US pricing for the tooling came back around 2-1/2 times the pricing that China provided. And, delivery time was almost triple. These both are from US shops that use an hourly rate between $70/hr. and $55/hr. And at $55 per hour, that shop can barely stay afloat. Well, if the pricing were even slightly close, I'd have rooted for domestic production. However...

China built the tooling, where they designed it based upon my component drawings for the plastic parts. I spec'd out everything from the dimension tolerance of the parts to material type, sprue dimensions, even spelling out the type of steel and Rockwell hardness they use for the cores and strippers. China was top-notch with the design all the way to the final tool. I eventually had the tooling sent here and have the parts run at a local molding company. And the US company I deal with was very impressed at the quality.

I now have several molds in process because I find the quality is every bit as good as the best I'd find here. And, I have to do it this way to stay competitive.

The problem with Chinese quality comes from the way they do business there, not the initial design. They are so fiercely competitive there that they regularly search for the lowest price shop to do the work...it's not done in a one-stop-shop like you would imagine. My guess for the Ebay headers is that they have multiple weld shops perform the assembly which can explain the variations in welds and overall quality. To have a quality part made repeadedly, you need to be on top of their operation constantly. Let's face it, they're using the same exact CNC machinery that we have, and their steel quality is as good as ours (we've been using Chinese steel for years now), so the variables fall into quality control. Once you get a grip on that, you can expect top notch parts to flow out of there. Ditto with India products.

Do not underestimate Chinese products. The real truth is, if you can't beat them, then join them.

Well John that sounds all fine and dandy and like I said, IF the quality is good then there shouldn't be a problem. But John are you going to honestly tell me they havn't had a reputation for bad quality in the past?

And this "being on top of their quality control". Hows this done? by phone? Or shipping the product back and forth untill it's right? either way that seems to be more added costs.

I myself worked for Sumitomo Electric Carbide 11yrs ago and worked with chinese enginers in the tool and die industy and I'll be the first one to tell you those enginers are so scatter brained it's unbelivable, they hired me to do a new product that they haven't done before and it was basically up to me to see the quality was done right cause they just didn't care as long as they had the job and they were making money. One more thing to think about is, they didn't care how much over time you worked even if you could barley function they loved it. but it don't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the more hours put in, the more tired you are, and the less quality comes out of it.

If we can't beat them, Join them?
So maybe we should just go to our border patrol and tell all them they are all fired?

Get rid of all our buiness's here in america cause everyone is choosing to use overseas buisness's instead. because our american company's have to raise the price of there stuff just to stay afloat due to the buisness loss from our own people going to overseas?

We might as well, were giving Loans all the towel heads from india for gas stations, T-shirt shops, little mini-marts and more for just coming here. WELCOME! Here you go, here's your loan and on top of it you don't even have to pay taxes for 8yrs. ENJOY!

It's disgusting!! This world is going to He*L in a hand basket so lets all just throw in our towels and go with the flow!! :rolleyes:

Sorry John! but I just can't stand the " If you can't beat them, join them" mantality. The more that belive in this, the worse things will get....

More people should listen to Ted Nuggent's speach's ;)

I'm just being realistic. Five years ago, I agree, I wouldn't have done business with China at all...quality was non existant and calling the products cheap would be putting it lightly.

I remember several years ago, the same sentiment happened with Japanese merchandise. People here used to call products of inferior quality "cheap Japanese stuff". There were many who simply refused to buy Japanese, regardless of the domestic equivalent cost. They stood their ground, bought Zenith TV's and so forth...but the world keeps on turning, and eventually, they all embraced the fact that Japanese stuff was OK and the only alternative. Then that changed. Today, you can't afford Japanese products anymore, so along comes Thailand, China, Taiwan, etc.

Like I said, I just want to look at it realistically, and in spite of our sentiment, it's here to stay. You can't fight it. I'd be the last one to want to give up manufacturing here in the US, but I can't change that. I don't think anyone can now. The train is rolling.

I'd suggest laying a known good gasket (not the one that came with the headers) on the flange and see if it lines up. See if it will line up with the holes in a head. The one I checked was about 1/4 inch short; but the gasket fit the header perfectly.

The turbo flange looked a little off; but i didn't bother to measure.

Good luck,

Joe

I also thought the tubes were a little thin next to a pair of KB headers. I'll try to go back and check tomorrow.

No thank you.

If you want to "get used to it" fine. But many of us do not have to. When it come to critical components for autos or whatever, I'll be a bit more choosy if you don't mind.
Sure, sometimes there's no choice on some rinky dink items, but I'll not support them by purchasing items that fall into what I consider critical components, whether it be for the car or the home or the pet or whatever.

I'm just being realistic. Five years ago, I agree, I wouldn't have done business with China at all...quality was non existant and calling the products cheap would be putting it lightly.

I remember several years ago, the same sentiment happened with Japanese merchandise. People here used to call products of inferior quality "cheap Japanese stuff". There were many who simply refused to buy Japanese, regardless of the domestic equivalent cost. They stood their ground, bought Zenith TV's and so forth...but the world keeps on turning, and eventually, they all embraced the fact that Japanese stuff was OK and the only alternative. Then that changed. Today, you can't afford Japanese products anymore, so along comes Thailand, China, Taiwan, etc.

Like I said, I just want to look at it realistically, and in spite of our sentiment, it's here to stay. You can't fight it. I'd be the last one to want to give up manufacturing here in the US, but I can't change that. I don't think anyone can now. The train is rolling.

John, there's absolutely NO comparison between Japan and china when it comes to the technological and quality arenas. They are not even in the same universe.
Japan has a highly educated work force to draw upon, china does not.
Japan is not a communist base government who's sworn to do "what is necessary" to bring about the colapse the "western" economy.
china IS.

I finally went by and measured the Ebay Headers. They're about 2 gauge thinner than my old Kenne Bell Headers (18 for Ebay vs 16 for Kenne Bell).

Interesting how the gasket lines up on the headers. Looked pretty good on the head.

Attachments

• d1.1.jpg
    d1.1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 586
  • p1.1.jpg
    p1.1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 585
I support our vendors and american made products however at the SEMA show, I saw a ton of asian hardware/fastener companies, exhaust products, etc... Most of the people were walking past them because I think they felt the way most on this board feel about outsourcing. Regardless, they were there in force. The wave is coming. It might already be here. Sam isn't the one selling chinese made stuff though. Why is everyone bashing him?

Joe, those ports look to have plenty of material to open them up. My stockers matched up just like those before porting.

I don't think porting these is going to work. The back port on the driver’s side, and the front port on the passenger side are just about off the gasket. The exhaust port on the head is pretty well centered in the gasket; so those earlier mentioned ports are going to be about 25% or more wasted (area where the ports miss-match). The tubes are so thin that I wouldn’t try to grind on them at all for fear of cutting through or causing a spot so thin that it would melt out. If they would bolt up; which they wouldn’t without a lot of grinding or drilling out the bolt holes; there’s not much header to clamp on the gasket for two ports. Those would probably leak pretty quickly. You might find some heads and gaskets that worked Ok; but we tried two sets of loose heads and two different gaskets; and nothing fit these headers. Although; the gaskets that came with these headers fit the headers and not the heads. Anyway; the lucky owner was able to send them back and get a refund.

They sure were shiny though.