You can type here any text you want

ECM mods and Cam Size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LAMMONS0003

Does anyone know what cam size requires a chip to be burnt or an ecm mod? The Eldebrock 204/214 states not for computer controlled vehicles.

If you are going to change the cam it may effect the idle quality. Then the target idle in the chip may need adjustment . It could effect other things but I'm not too sure since that is a mild cam. Contact the place you get the chip from and see what they suggest.

that cam is fine idles like stock has a little better mid power and can pull past the stock cam to around 5500 if you dont have worn stock valve springs

It helps....

to post your mod's so we can better offer advice.:smile:
Assuming you already have a chip or plan on buying one, either ask your chip burner as jasjamz suggests or go w/the turbotweak chip. Eric is able to get the most out of your combo at a reasonable cost.:cool:

Thanks Guys. Mods are limited at this time after my original camshaft was wiped out at start up after an engine builder left out an oil galley plug behind the cam. All work done by me now. I was just makin sure lower vacuum level wouldnt "confuse" my ecm into advancing / retarding my ignition timing.

Max Valve lift

does anyone know what maximum valve lift is before the valve retainer hits the valve guide?

iron head try to stay under .500 gross and there should be no issues , over that you need to check close , roller cams have higher lift than most flat tappet cams and require cutting the exhaust guides down and use seals on them

and its not about messing up the vac , its about how much rpm the cam needs for a good idle as a computer controlled car has a set idle rpm that cant be changed without a chip reburn as it could be on a carb , thats why it was recomended to call turbotweak as he can set the idle wherever you want (or moreso where his experience tells him it should be ) but i can tell you that cam is very mild and doesnt need any idle mods to the chip to idle good when using a tt chip

Back