You can type here any text you want

ECM Trouble Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brian Felts

Ok I had posted earlier about the code 42 now The codes are changing each time I scan the car. When I do a realtime scan at times it will give me "vehicle not responding" then at times it will scan but all of the sensor values stay the same.............O2...tps...intake temp. I am using a auto X Ray

The car also idles high then surges badly

Do you think I have a bad ECM.

Thank you for all of your opinions!

Brian Felts

This is a basic ??? that can be answered in the Tech area where is gets more volume of traffic,try posting it there:smile:

With auto x-ray.. who knows. We all use scanmasters, direct scan, or turbolink as the main scan tools.. you may have a scan tool issue.

Why is an X-ray reading in real time any less useful? I have used it on everything from Early OBD1 to 2007 Mercedes and it has always produced correct results. This car only has 17,000 miles but wow did it come in to she shop abused....I am glad I get the oppertunity to bring it back to life.

Brian

Try tapping on the ECM with your knuckles (like you'd knock on someone's door) and see if the scan data changes or if the engine acts up (or evens out). If anything changes when you do this, chances are pretty good you need an ECM.

Bad ECM Car is running great now! Just about done with paint so we can get it out and show it off before she goes home to her new owner.

Brian

Back