You can type here any text you want

ECU not found???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Warp6

Mine since '92
I was datalogging this morning. Everything was fine. Found an issue I had been looking for. Broken spark plug. Changed the plug. Started car and fired up FAST. F2 to connect, "ECU NOT FOUND". COM1 port is working, no issues. Unistalled, reinstalled CCom. What gives?? All connections are tight. The car runs great, it just wont connect to CCom.

thats funny i just had that same issue at the dyno shop on friday with my fast system, come to find out the dyno shop had an earlier version of the xfi software and after calling cal we went to the fast web site and downloaded the fast 1.33 version and bam everything was fine. check the version you are using versus the module you have you may need to download the upgrade.

Started with V1.0 then upgraded to V1.02 a few weeks later.

Why would it be working fine one minute, then not find the ecu the next? I was really getting the car dialed in too. Had to give up and put the car away. I can't get into the ecu at all!

I'd look into the connection to the laptop and or connections at the CALport to extension wire. Do you have another extension wire and are you using a serial to USB adaptor?

Unplug the cable and get an ohm meter and make sure you have continuity between the wires. you need to probe pin 2,3, and 5 should be gnd. The others are TX, RX data and should be the other wires on the connector. SOmetimes the serial pin connectors get worn out or loose inside.

Pulled the FAST box. All connections look good. Checked wires for continuity and they are all good. Checked with another laptop. Still says ECU not found:confused:

Tried a friends connection cable. Still says ECU not found W T F !!!

craig if you want i can bring my laptop and cable up there and see if it could be a problem with the laptop.

my old laptop did this a few times rite before it finally died

Patrick,
When do you think you'll be in Archdale? That's a nice offer I might just take you up on. I really hate to send my box off.
I have 2 laptops neither will connect. Also, I have 2 data cables. One more try can't hurt!
Craig

craig i can come by sunday sometime gonna be in charlotte for the autofair event all day sat.

Sent the box to FAST Monday. Got a call from them on Tuesday. The connection circuit was fried. Probably from a voltage spike. I'll have it back Friday. $50 repair...not too shabby!
PS- I guess I'll start disconnecting the battery before charging from now on. Or, I'll only charge at 2 amps connected??

Sent the box to FAST Monday. Got a call from them on Tuesday. The connection circuit was fried. Probably from a voltage spike. I'll have it back Friday. $50 repair...not too shabby!
PS- I guess I'll start disconnecting the battery before charging from now on. Or, I'll only charge at 2 amps connected??

disconnect the ecm craig just to be safe.

Back