You can type here any text you want

Educate me please

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbocamino1

turboholic
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Although i worked at a buick dealer all thru the 80s and had my times with the GNs as new car prep mngr. the GNXs where just out of reach for us comon workers. that being the case,i didnt interst myself in the 2 GNXs that we where aloted. after all this time i had thought that the GN snd GNX motors are the same. true?.. maybe a differant turbo.

Good question! I too would like to learn. I just saw a vid on youtube where they go from a GN to a GNX and some guy who owns the GNX (we will call him Bill Parish) says "this ain't on GN...different suspension, different motor".

Suspension is a given but apart from the turbo and intercooler (neck only?) weren't the block, pistons, crank, intake, throttle body...etc...the same?

Thanks,

Curious in Michigan.

Yep, they were so elite, the search feature brings up nothing for GNX!:eek:

Turbo had a ceramic impeller and a carbon trap on the turbine.
More efficient intercooler
Differnet ecm tuning
Nutty suspension with panhard rod and ladder type bar
special interior accents
Numbered
Built by ASC Mclaren

I'm sure I will be corrected or added to if I left anything out.

yeah but searching for "gnx" doesn't narrow things down much.

So then based on what you said...no, the GNX did not have a different motor.

Cool thanks :-)

one has to wonder how long a ceramic wheel can live? I assume that it would spool a little faster (?) and with the better I/C the ecm mod allowed for a little more fuel.As i recall,20 some years ago, the techs said they where same motors inside. A local well off individual had bought both our GNXs...one he stored and one he drove. it was in my shop a few time to "straighten out" the paint issues. he made friends with one of the techs who tweaked it some. i think back then it was just an adjustable w/gate,MAF screen and maybe exh.(?) At the track it did squat and go with that susp. but by that time the other boys had slicks and learnd how to drive them so et's werent camparable.our shop forman would trick the 0/2 into thinking it was cold out...making it run rich for jus long enough to make a pass (lol) it was funny to see it blow black smoke on the leave,being so rich...they cranked boost up to 20 or so and with slicks it ran 11.30s which at the time was bad a** anyway....sorry for the noval.

yeah but searching for "gnx" doesn't narrow things down much.

So then based on what you said...no, the GNX did not have a different motor.

Cool thanks :-)

I wasn't bichin, I just thought it was weird that it brought absolutely nothing up.

And that would be correct. It has a 109 block and the same internals as the T/GN.

I believe that three isn't enough characters. Try some more like gnx buick or gnx turbo

For a 101 primer on the diffenences of a GNX go here:
BuickGNX.com for Information on the 1987 Buick GNX

After that come back here and do specific searches for the items that interest you. (i. e. GNX suspension, GNX dash, GNX turbo, etc.)

It's all here. I have found it all in the past, it just takes a little knowledge first to know exactly what to search for.

Good Luck.

The search doesnt include the 3 turbo V8 Model:p

Back