EGR ports in the stock head

schlick

Does anyone know how the EGR ports in the head are supposed to go, channel through the head, look, etc? I removed my intake and the EGR ports in the head are completely clogged with hard carbon deposits. Any good way to clean them out without removing the head? Other thoughts? The passenger side head EGR ports seems to be clean but I imagine it is because these aren't used? Do the ones on the drivers side head follow the same pattern and are supposed to look the same?

Thanks for all help.

Id just get a towel in the valley and use a lightweight battery powered drill and break up the carbon while sucking up the pieces with a vacuum. The carbon is a lot softer than the casting. If the intake egr passage is plugged it will require much more effort to clear it out. If you have the intake off you should be able to bet most of it out.

Thanks Bison. Another thought, since the ports are completely clogged would getting an EGR delete chip and not cleaning the ports work out?

Thanks Bison. Another thought, since the ports are completely clogged would getting an EGR delete chip and not cleaning the ports work out?
TT chips usually have it deleted and unless you need to go to emisisons it doesnt matter. Only clean it if your going to emissions inspection