EGR ?s

wicked6

My EGR valve was leaking and I took it off the intake manifiold. I noticed that it has a gasket which I will have to track down.

Does anyone know where to locate this gasket?
Also, I noticed that someone used some sealant with the gasket, which/what sealant should I use/get?

Thanx

That's probably a pretty common gasket, I'd bet it's the same size as other things. Also, shouldn't be hard to cut one out of gasket material, if need be. Prolly don't need sealant, but, Ultra Copper should do the trick.

I don't know if the EGR gasket is still available (maybe your local parts house), but there shouldn't be any sealant between the gasket, EGR valve or intake manifold port.

The sealant was orange and was rubbery like. I had to scrape it off with a razor very carefully and not get anything to fall in one of the hole in the intake manf. I then vacuumed the holes and around the area to get anything that may have fell.

I will try a local auto parts store. But do I just put the gasket inbetween the intake without any sealant/glue.

Thanx

That's the ticket (no sealant). I'm checking with NAPA auto parts as I'm completing this post. In CA it cost $1.41. After replacing the gasket, you should also check to see if the EGR diaphram is not leaking. blow a little propane under the valve and see if the idle speed changes.

the gasket will be hard to find, it was out this way...the parts stores i went to didn't stock jsut the gasket but carried the valve which had a gasket, but they couldn't order just a gasket :rolleyes: