You can type here any text you want

Eibach Lowering Springs...Bilstein Shocks?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stockbroker1977

Hello. I have an 87 GN. I am looking to clean up the suspension with using Bilstein shocks from Kirbin. My questions is that I would like to lower the car using Eibach lowering springs. Will the Bilsteins work with the Eibach shocks? Does anyone recommend a better pairing combination? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! THX.

I have the eibach pro-kit on my 83 Cutlass and they are great. I am using monroe shocks which If I could do over I would definatley got with the Bilstein shocks. I have heard they are the best shock to use with Eibach Pro-kit springs.

Have that combo on my 86 and love the handling improvement, a little on the stiff side though.

Have that combo on my 86 and love the handling improvement, a little on the stiff side though.

I agree. I have the Bilsteins and Eibachs. I also have the complete HnR swaybar and HnR rear suspension with air bags. I also find it a little stiffer than before, but I like the look and the way it handles too. For the amount I drive it, it's not an issue for me. There are other options for lowering your car. Do a search. This topic has been beat to death and there have been some informative threads.

Attachments

• DSC01101 (Large).jpg
    DSC01101 (Large).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 392
If your used to driving cadillacs i guess it would feel stiff. But I just did this mod on my T and its great. The car is still soft over bumps and does not bounce anymore at high speeds, which I thought was very dangerous. Best thing you can do for your car is the eibachs and bilsteins.

-Nick

Here are a couple pics of mine.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 452
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 422
Mine with Hotchkis Springs and Lakewood Drag Shocks Suspension Tech front sway bar and H&R bar in the rear. BMR Uppers and Lowers, All poly body to frame mounts too.

Attachments

• DSCN2171.jpg
    DSCN2171.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 358
Do it. Personally, I think this should be mod #1 for these cars. They make it actually feel like a car, not a metal box with a turbo in it.

Back