You can type here any text you want

Eibachs or drop spindles??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTURBOS

Gettin' back in action!!
Staff member
OK!! SlowGray had Eibachs all around with QA1 shocks as well. This time on 1 RARE T I'm thinking Eibachs in the rear with drop spindles in the front. Any opinions?

K.

Dont go with spindles in the front. Get Moog 5658 springs from the parts store and a set of Howe's Ball Joints from ATS. This will give you approximately 1 7/8" drop and will improve your front end geometry. Spindles do nothing and will give you rubbing issues. Springs---$60 set, Ball joints -- $100. Call Mark at Savitske Classic & Custom . Great guy, very impressive wisdom on front end geometery!

do you have part numbers for the ball joints?? both upper and lower from Howe's? they show $85 dollars on the web site???

JM

Drop spindles suck, the only reason my tires are not rubbing the fenders is because I am using skinnies in the front. Tire geometry sucks, every car that I have ever seen with them rubs the fender with normal street tires. A good lowered spring with a shock is the best, even better are the taller balljoints offered on the new a-arms that allow for nice camber/caster adjustments.

Awesome information!!

Is the Moog part#5658 a kit of all (4) springs or just the front? What do you recommend for the rear of the car?

K.

The MOOG springs are just the fronts. I ended up using BellTech rear springs for about 1.5" drop in the rear. I dont really know what MOOG springs are similar or which ones would give you a 1" drop. Might want to post that as a Question on here, it will really save you some $$$$ to go with MOOGs. OPtherwise if you can come up with a set of rear Eibachs but they are pretty darn pricey. I got the BellTechs slightly used for $50. Check the Monte Carlo SS Information & Resources board. These are on there for sale often! hope this helps! -------jeremy

Back