Electric or Mechanical Gauges

boostin6

Gotta Love That BOOST!
I'm sure everybody's asked this question but I'm gonna ask again.... Ive been lookin at the AutoMeter mechanical gauges and the electric. Which gauge do you guys think would be more accurate??? I'm lookin to buy the 2 1/16 gauges Oil press and temp gauges.... Right now I got a cheap mechanical sunpro gauge for the oil press. I've heard of the electric oil press. gauges being off by 10 psi sometimes... Then some people swear by mech. gauges.... Just lookin for some input.

Thanks

1986 Buick Regal T-type
210-205 cam, stock turbo, int. etc...
Dk. Blue Metallic w/tan leather int.

I like and have the Autometer Ultra-Lite series. They white/silver background looks great with the orange dial.

Mechanical are more accurate if they are of good quality. There is no sending unit where most of the error occurs.

Buy the mechanical for the oil pressure. There is not much room down there to "t" off to have both the stock sender and the aftermarket. I went to my local hardware store and bought $30 worth of brass and none of it worked. I just have the aftermarket one in there right now. A little bonus from the installation was a rounded off nut for the turbo oil line and a big oil leak under my car.

Sometimes I just bang my head against the wall with this car.