Electric Power Washers

mark b

Anyone buy an electric power washer that they like? I guess I'm like many other people. I don't want to continually rent one and don't want to pay a lot for a gas one. It's not for a business, only occasional use.

I bought a Karcher from Lowes. I use it all the time. Works great. I can't remember the model number off the top of my head. I went to the Karcher website and I think its the K360M. 1600 psi.

Here's the link to the Karcher website:

Karcher Website

Chris

I have a 3 horse electric.

Works great for little jobs.

Took 10 hours to do my 25X25 deck, but it hadn't been done in 10 years.

I get really sick of little gas motors (weed wackers-mowers-snowblowers-ect.) not starting or running for crap. I'm even considering an electric motor for the pontoon.

Way cheaper to get into also.

If you're just washing your car then an electric should be just fine. I also wanted something I could wash my house and sidewalks with so I went gas. If you have a Sams Club near you there are some nice affordable Honda powered Delta pressure washers. Thats what I bought last year, and they have even better ones for sale now. If you ever have a problem Sams takes anything back.

James

House, driveway, sidewalk and garage floor are definitely priority items. That's why I wondered if an electric would hack it.

I thought everyone cleaned the motor of their TR with a toothbrush anyway? :)

I bought a factory reconditioned Campbell Hausfeld one off the web (1300-1750 PSI) for $99, but can't find the website now. Works real well. Also might want to check out Walmart. When I was doing my search, I happened to see one on their shelf marked down quite a bit. Also Home Depot has their own brand for about $169 that is in the same PSI range.

Bob - I'll trade you my motor at Jack's straight up for the power washer :) You did need an anchor for your boat, right?

I was there all Friday afternoon looking at my motor on the floor and saw your front end pieces. Nice looking. My motor should be in THIS week now... I want to drive it so bad I can taste it!!!

Originally posted by mark b
House, driveway, sidewalk and garage floor are definitely priority items. That's why I wondered if an electric would hack it.
I don't think a 1-2 HP electric will suffice for those tasks.

A few months go I rented a 10 HP gas to scrub my driveway (I washed just a bit too hard in places :rolleyes: ).

A 6 or 7-ish HP gas is the absolute minimum IMO. The slight extra cost for a 10 HP is prolly worth it, then you can handle all the heavy duty jobs around the house & yard.

A unit with adjustable pressure regulator is a plus ... but just using a wider fan spray tip will cover more area while reducing the pressure hitting the surface.

With some of these 1-2 HP washers, the spray pattern is so narrow it's like washing the driveway with a Qtip.