You can type here any text you want

ELECTRIC VACUUM PUMP sold by JEGS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SNOWBIRD

JEGS sells a vacuum pump similiar to a lt1 and kit to evacuate the crankcase,but it seems they want the pump to work all the time,will this work on our buicks ,will pump burn out .......OPINIONS PLEASE as I would like to remove pcv but still scavage crankcase??????????

These pumps draw too much vacume for what we need ,do a search,they will suck the oil off the cylinder walls.:eek:

So with a pump like that do you vent it to a catch can, then back to turbo?

Under the car would be illegal up here. Gotta keep it a closed system.

I like the idea of the regulator built into it! Need something small not some big ugly monster of a pump!

So with a pump like that do you vent it to a catch can, then back to turbo?

Under the car would be illegal up here. Gotta keep it a closed system.

I like the idea of the regulator built into it! Need something small not some big ugly monster of a pump!

I would put somekind of a oil seperator on the inlet between the engine and pump . and then you could vent it back to the turbo after the pump . If you vent it to a can it will be open to atmosphere , seeing that most cans are open to atmosphere . I'm not a guru on this stuff it's just recently I become interested and started reading/researching on the topic . I'm sure there are a few board members with greater knowledge than myself that might chime in on the topic .

Seems all the toronto boys have a sudden interest in a closed system & emissions that pass a visual etc with the way they are throwing tickets at people daily! I know they have me for at least $1K if they start testing!
Figure this is better! Anyone out there that can help out with tips join in.

I would put somekind of a oil seperator on the inlet between the engine and pump . and then you could vent it back to the turbo after the pump . If you vent it to a can it will be open to atmosphere , seeing that most cans are open to atmosphere . I'm not a guru on this stuff it's just recently I become interested and started reading/researching on the topic . I'm sure there are a few board members with greater knowledge than myself that might chime in on the topic .

The oil seperator will not work well when its being drenched with oil. That is way too much vaccum. On my buddies Pro 5.0 motor that runs in the 7's, it does not suck that much vaccum (he runs a pulley driven Moroso pump). As long as the motor is under boost, that pump will suck nothing but oil. Thats over and beyond the call of duty. 4 to 8 inches is more then enough for our applications including TSO guys. Majority of the Aerospace pulley driven setups pull less then 7-8 inches of vaccum. I would not consider something like that on our motors. The oil separator would be filled very quickly. When anything sucks that much vaccum, oil sep or not, its gonna still pull oil. Look in stock GN setups. Plumbing into the air intake of the turbo makes one hell of a mess in your intercooler along with your throttlebody & intake. The last thing you want is oil in your intake which can cause preignition from oil tracking.

I run a moroso 4 vane, belt driven, vacuum pump with an open vent. If I'm building vacuum, it's not much. I use it mainly to ventilate the crankcase due to the methanol fuel. The plumbing runs from the valve cover to the pump, to a separator and then to the exhaust pipe via an angled tube similar to the old hot rodders evac system. The separator doesn't really collect that much oil. Maybe half an ounce after multiple events. There is also no shielding of the opening in the valve cover.

I agree it would have to be limited/regulated to no more than 6 inches of vacuum . I remember reading somewhere the Moroso belt driven runs at around 5 inches of vacuum , more than enough to evac a engine . and at anything near 14 inches of vacuum will suck oil out of the engine .

Back