You can type here any text you want

Electronic Climate Control users

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVenom

I am working on a replacement part for the cars which are fitted with Electronic Climate Control, specifically the AC Clutch-Blower Module. These seem to be a problem area with the cars where they short out and run the blower full-boat. Also, we are going to be repairing the head units.

My questions: 1) Does anyone out there have problems with their system currently? The module is no longer available from GM and when we build a replacement module, it will have some engineering improvements over the OEM part. I would like to work with you if you are experiencing a problem now.

2) Anyone locally here in the Chi town area who has this system in their car where I can take some notes and look at the system?

Any input will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Wish I lived up there. 3 years ago when I got my 86 I was working on the digital stuff, never got it working right. I have a head unit and a modulator box around somewhere that I sure would like to have fixed.

John I have 7 cars here with ECC None have problems as of yet. I can send you a complete set up if that would help.
I do have an 8th car here with ecc not sure if it is good or bad though. No engine when purchased.
Anything we can do to help let me know.

The problem I'm having with my unit is the blend doors do not operate in any mode. Right now I've got them by-passed and blowing out the A/C vents...which is ok with me but it would be nice to have them all working like their suppose too. I've bought used head units and vacuum solenoids from supposedly "known good" cars but still no control over the blend doors. The unit controls the temperature and blower speeds fine. GM/ShopKey 5 doesn't give much info on testing these units other than "try and known good part".

Bump, this would of been great if everything went through with this plan, my blower is stuck on and the compressor plug is disconnected from the ac compressor most likely due to this relay.

Does this problem usually kill the climate control in the dash because no lights light up on mine and no bottons work.

Back