Eliminate the PEVR

theoutlaw

Now I might be wrong because my 79 Turbo Regal has been in storage for 10 years and its been that long since I've tinkered with it but I have a theory and here it is.

Our draw through setup operates on basically the same principles as a roots blower with a carb on top. However they don't use a a PEVR. They use a modified Holley carb like the one described in this article. http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-0808-holley-blower-carburetors/ Shouldn't we be able to use a similar carb and thus eliminate the need for the PEVR?

If I'm able to retrieve my Buick from storage up in Massachusetts later this year I might try this. Obviously I've got a lot of other work to get the car running again first. But after that I'm thinking of either using a spreadbore double pumper Holley carb with mechanical secondaries or Holley 2 barrel that I have sitting on the shelf. I'll post the results when I'm done but it will be awhile since my car is 1,200 miles away.

Let me know what you guys think.

I am the last person on this site you should listen to for advice, so here it is. I just plugged the thing. It sounded real important when I saw what it stood for, Power Enrichment Valve Regulator. When I found out where all the vacuum hoses went I wasn't impressed. As for the q-jet, great carb. The 79 q-jet is before all the electric stuff and can be modified to give you anything you need.

I see you've been gone quite some time. It's the only option for the Buick and TTA cars if you have a PEVC that's gone to crap. If you go to the 301 garage site there's one member over there that can rebuild the valve.;)