You can type here any text you want

Eliminating mast style Antenna for a hidden one?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fullahotair

My car is in the paint shop, and I am thinking about having him fill in the antenna hole for a smoother look. My mast style antenna doesn't work anyway. I am not overly versed in the car audio world, but what i would like to do is mount a hidden or "mastless" antenna somewhere. I think i saw in a summit catalog a black box type thing you could use, but its the only one i have found. If anyone could offer any insight, opinions, recommendations, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Nathyn

well what you can do as well is replace the front windsheild with an 82 regal windsheild with antenna build in. i can get these windsheild if you want one get back to me and i can see how much it would cost shipped.

gnis2quick said:
well what you can do as well is replace the front windsheild with an 82 regal windsheild with antenna build in. i can get these windsheild if you want one get back to me and i can see how much it would cost shipped.

We have done just that to several Gns, you can get them new from auto glass companies.

Hmmm I like the 82 regal glass idea! I think i'll go that route.

GNIS2quick... are the windshields that you can get new? if you don't mind shoot me a price for one shipped 17728. (tinted along the top?)

Thanks!
N8

Sorry to bring this back but have a question about the windshield. How do you hook up the windsheild antenea to the radio? Does it come with a wire or what?

Thanks for the help.

I can't help you out on this one yet....i haven't gotten my new windsheild yet. Someone else should chime in here shortly i would think...

Nathyn

Hmmmmm. So the window place will have that come with it? where do yuo buy an extension?

Thanks

yeah it sounds like the window will come with the male plug...probably go to radio shack or any car audio store to get an extension.

N8

Back