You can type here any text you want

Emblem Removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

joejakegrace

While my low mile emblems are in good overall shape, the gold on the edging of all of them is in various states of "crudiness".

I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a whole set I think. All are attached with adhesive tape except the nose, right? I'm thinking tape around them, hair dryer and dental floss to remove (same method I use on bike tank emblems). New 3m tape to put back?

As for the nose, I've heard that one has a nut on the back. From experience, what's the easiest way to get to the nut? Can you take the bracket off the top center of the nose and reach it? My paint and engine compartment are original and clean so I don't want to risk any damage - not excited about disassembling the park lights and everything else to get to it either!! - Who has done it?

you are correct on the first part.

as for the nose emblem... i didn't know it was bolted on. i guess i've never looked. hopefully some one else will jump in here with that info.

and have you removed yours? I'm trying to figure out how to get to the nut as painlessly as possible.

The nose emblem also have sticky tape on it and is bolted using a self cutting nut (speed nut) from underneath

Jan - yeah, thanks - I'm looking for the easiest way to reach the nut - is it from via the removal of the bracket running along the inside of the nose? You can see that you won't get too much play b/c the parking lights etc. are also bolted into there. I'm looking at how to reach the nut without disassembling the nose.

hmmm, not sure actually as I replaced the complete front nose when I installed mine .... actually forgot the speed nut so I have to get to it as well :-( Can you get there from underneath but I guess the air dam thing for the radiator is in the way ... have to look at it later this month I guess... If you find a way let me know ;)

"underneath?" are you kidding??!!! - I actually discovered that my driving(fog) light was disconnected (junction) behind the light. The only way to get to it w/o removing panels was to wedge myself under the nose, left hand up and around through the wheelwell and right hand up from the radiator side. I almost stayed there for the winter!!

The most likely approach seems to be removing the molding/bracket where the nose meets the engine compartment. Looks like there might be enough flex there to reach in and grab the nut. Maybe a little more if I remove the light brackets - after that, it's a slippery slope to taking the nose off!!! -

I'll look real close once I can get the thing out in the daylight (and the snow stops!)

C'mon...somebody out there? I tinkered this weekend and took the "strip" off that runs across the nose (nose meets engine compartment) - uh, that ain't gonna do it. Looks like I'll have to loosen the parking light brackets and the "nose shelf" bolts at a minimum to get to the nut & replace the nose emblem....

Who out there has done this without disassembling the nose...someone must have!

Told you, from underneath ;)

Anyway, I forgot to put the speed nut on the nose emblem when I did mine :( so will have to do it at some point .... I'll look at it maybe this weekend unless it's too cold .....

Looks like I'll have to loosen the parking light brackets and the "nose shelf" bolts at a minimum to get to the nut & replace the nose emblem....

The nose shelf runs all the way the the outer edge and bolts the nose piece to the fenders. Its a biatch to get out. I'm not sure how much its gonna move without loosening those bolts on the outside also.

You could try this, along the very front and bottom of the nose is about 6 or so screws that holds up one of the air dams, if you unscrew those you can pull the flap down. Iit "sould" give you some good room. I've never done it before, but after droping some tools down the hood latch hole I've looked at what it would take, to get to the area.

HTH

Back