Engine bearings?

Wicked WE4

Need some experienced feedback. What are the best bearings for these engines? Tri-metal, bi- metal and which brand would you prefer to use? Just got my engine back from the machine yesterday and need to start ordering parts.

These engines were originally built with tri-metal bearings. Tri-metal is a Steel shell, covered with a lead copper layer and the upper surface is a thin coating of Babbit (lead-tin-antimony) overlay. The babbit and copper lead will embed dirt and keep it away from the shaft and conform (to some extent) to any irregularities in the journal.
Bi-metal bearing is a steel shell with a hard aluminum layer. Bi-metal bearings don't tolerate irregularities in the journals, and don't tolerate dirt and debris well at all.

My personal thoughts: I have always used Tri-metal bearings over Bi-metals for these engines. In fact, the old Vandervell bearing had even a softer upper layer of Lead Indium that is/was preferred by many Buick engine builders. The Vandy bearing are almost all gone now. But there are other good choices still available.

I have a good article about bearings characteristics that I'll post later.